Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Girl, nine, kills gun instructor

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think in simplistic terms the pro-gun lobby hate the idea of their rights being interfered with by the elected government - especially if their views are opposed to that government. They are quite happy though to have their lives fundamentally affected by unelected bodies such as the church, corporations etc etc

It's a strange place and only a couple of hours by road from here
  • Options
    It's all a conspiracy it never happened it was those anti us having gun bstds shooting the instructor

Well that's what that Osama ben hamer fella said
  • Options
    Might sound a bit harsh but I have zero sympathy for any of the parties involved in this incident....they brought it on themselves as far as i'm concerned....and I suspect they're not as bothered as they should be.

You can't be sympathetic to a country/people about specific social problems if they have the power themselves to change things but choose not to. The US public collectively see `innocent' gun deaths as acceptable within the overall picture of self defence....and this ain't gonna change anytime soon.
  • Options
    Hard to feel a whole lot of sympathy for anyone in this story accept for the poor nine year old girl who will doubtless have ended up highly traumatized thanks to complete inability of her parents to parent responsibly.
  • Options
    Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but the instructor couldn't have been doing his job properly for himself or anyone else to get shot.

During my time in the army, I worked as a range instrutor when required and if this guy was following proper safety proceedures, no-one should have been in any danger, especially him, as he should have been stood directly behind her, close enough to reach over her shoulder and grab the weapon at the first sign of any danger.....................
  • Options

Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but the instructor couldn't have been doing his job properly for himself or anyone else to get shot.

During my time in the army, I worked as a range instrutor when required and if this guy was following proper safety proceedures, no-one should have been in any danger, especially him, as he should have been stood directly behind her, close enough to reach over her shoulder and grab the weapon at the first sign of any danger.....................

I think that is one of the things that they are looking at.

The only time in my life I have fired a gun was clay-pigeon shooting on Hamilton Island and I was very impressed by how safety conscious our 'safety officer' was, no matter who was firing he was never more than a arms-length away to step in.

Once I - as a complete idiot rookie - began turning back towards him and my fellow shooters with a loaded shotgun (to ask about the best time to fire at the clays) and I could not have moved more than a couple of inches before he grabbed my arm and pushed the shotgun away from everybody and made the rather obvious point that I should probably avoid doing that in future!

We had a great chat with him afterwards and he said that by the end of the day he was totally knackered because whilst he was on the range he had to be totally focused for every second on what was going on and could not let himself be distracted for a second because that's all it could take for an accident to happen.
  • Options
    Just seeked out the video and straight away you can see he's standing completely in the wrong position. Standing to her side and leaning in like that is a recipe for disaster. Even if he was able to react in time, all he could do is push the weapon away from him, meaning anyone to the right of the girl is in the firing range.

Very poor drills that cost him his life unfortunately......................
  • Options
    I couldn't believe that on the same news programme the other day they were covering a 9 year old girl shooting her gun instructor in the head, with a lot of Americans claiming kids need to know how to use guns.

I kid you not in the same show they showed a kid who was a Muslim out in Syria or somewhere like that, who was older, probably about 14, firing an AK-47 and they were all criticising it

Very amusing.

On another note and please read this in the way I mean it I'm not trying to cause offence.
    When society allows such free reign on guns and exercises their right to be able to have the ability to kill anyone at any time, society gets what it deserves. The individuals themselves don't deserve to die, but a society stupid enough to have that many guns deserves to lose people

Having said that its definitely a culture problem out there. I think its Switzerland where everyone of adult age gets a rifle?? They have nothing like the level of shootings.

A country pumped with fear, hatred, and an idea that you should be armed to the teeth in case of some sort of evil regime taking over, will always have their finger on the trigger.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Piers Morgan v that guns nutter on his chat show was the only time I've had any respect for him. That's how low an opinion I have of these NRA types.

I'm pretty sure it was that specific interview with Alex Jones that led to a petition to have him deported? If you question guns in that country you are insane.

Still. You can taste that freedom in the air and it smells like gunpowder and dead people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny in a weird way. Not ha ha funny but strange a nation can love guns so much when they keep using them against themselves even by accident.

It's an addiction like drugs. They won't see how dangerous they are until it is too late.
  • Options
    I actually think it's the NRA trying to self regulate. Give pre teens automatic weapons now and soon there will be no Gun Instructors available to "train" them.

Problem solved.
  • Options

On the wrong thread. The apostrophe's in the wrong place.

Never going to change over their because their entire short history has been based on the gun and everyone having one. It's ingrained in their society. And the poorly worded constitution that can be read to mean whatever you wish it too doesn't help.

I like these vids of an interview involving Aussie comedian Jim Jeffries.......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=86CISBfEF2E

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rEuvVGpH8NY

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4i7e3gZ1MY
  • Options

Oakster said:

I think in simplistic terms the pro-gun lobby hate the idea of their rights being interfered with by the elected government - especially if their views are opposed to that government. They are quite happy though to have their lives fundamentally affected by unelected bodies such as the church, corporations etc etc

It's a strange place and only a couple of hours by road from here

The most ridiculous thing about this is that the legal drinking age in Nevada is 21 - yet you can fire a machine gun at 9.

Parents can - and have - been prosecuted for supplying their late teenage children with booze yet they can let them fire mass killing weapons at 9.

What a clusterfuck of a country America can be at times.
    A kid can't play GTA because it's R rated with adult material, but can go to a gun shack for a burger and some uzi firing. How backwards.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I like these vids of an interview involving Aussie comedian Jim Jeffries.......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=86CISBfEF2E

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rEuvVGpH8NY

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4i7e3gZ1MY

That guy speaks alot of sense, I especially liked his views on the whole constitution issue in the third video. Thanks for posting..............
  • Options
    "Many appalled Americans castigated the girl’s parents for putting such a lethal firearm in her hands, but Arizona prosecutors refused to blame them, saying Mr Vacca was guilty of negligence for failing to keep his hand on the gun and was responsible for his own death"

They are truly fcukd up