Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Charlton Ath | Sat 30th August 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    1-2 win Vetokele x 2
  • Options
    We will get to see Baldcok and O'Grady partnership up front tomorrow, the strike force we possibly could have had this summer.
  • Options
    They dropped O'Grady, from what I've heard he hasn't impressed.
  • Options
    I'll be more than happy to continue with win at home draw away....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'll be more than happy to continue with win at home draw away....

I like the new 'glass half full' @LenGlover‌ this season keep it up, it suits you :-)
  • Options
    I think you will see Craig Mackell-Smith, Texeria and Colunga up front, with O'Grady and Baldock on the bench, but you never know. CMS is playing very well this year after a year out, Texeria is different class, have not seen Colunga yet, but he has a good goal scoring record in the Spanish div 1, so think we will be strong up front. We struggle against big strong defensive teams with 10 behind the ball.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think you will see Craig Mackell-Smith, Texeria and Colunga up front, with O'Grady and Baldock on the bench, but you never know. CMS is playing very well this year after a year out, Texeria is different class, have not seen Colunga yet, but he has a good goal scoring record in the Spanish div 1, so think we will be strong up front. We struggle against big strong defensive teams with 10 behind the ball.

Does John Baine 'Attila The Stockbroker' still do your PR?

EDIT: That should be PA. Announcing in other words and music.
  • Options
    No he does not, think he 'retired' after Withdean. He still a huge fan and see him a lots of the games, home and away. His wonderful song 'Roll up for the Donkey Derby' about when Palace got to Wembley is a classic, the lyrics are superb, like ' Gary O'Reilly ? what's he doing here, he should giving rides to kids on Blackpool pier'
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Thanks for the info , from our point of view that might mean playing Fox and Gomez in the two full back positions might be a good shout for their extra height .

• Options
    Not sure what to make of this one. We were so poor there last season and they gave us a bit of a footballing lesson. We're pretty much a new team now so it can't get much worse than our last game there, can it? I'll take a boring 0-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Let 'em be... We're not been beaten so far this season for a reason
    We definitely have been beaten this season I'm afraid !

It's going to be a very, very tough game but I'll go for a 1-1 draw, they score early we get a late equaliser through substitute Lawrie Wilson.
  • Options
    Yer I fancy a point, maybe Wilson to score
  • Options

Not sure what to make of this one. We were so poor there last season and they gave us a bit of a footballing lesson. We're pretty much a new team now so it can't get much worse than our last game there, can it? I'll take a boring 0-0.

Boring 0-0, that was two seasons ago when Hamer had a worldy (The last minute save was out of this world)

We were so defensive that in the second half Yann played on the half way line with no one in front of him.

It reminded me of the Alamo except that we did keep them out.(eat your heart out Davy crockett) It was a good point but remember thinking that one day we will play with more attacking ideas.

When Dale came on we did have a long shot at goal.

• Options
    I fancy a draw for this one - 1-1. The optimists will say we are undefeated away in the League while the pessimists will be saying no clean sheets and no wins on the road. For me, 1-1 would be a good result.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Let 'em be... We're not been beaten so far this season for a reason
    We definitely have been beaten this season I'm afraid !

It's going to be a very, very tough game but I'll go for a 1-1 draw, they score early we get a late equaliser through substitute Lawrie Wilson.
    Lawrie only scores two
  • Options
    2-0 away win , a brace , from super Igor.
  • Options
    Rather too much over confidence from the Brighton fans methinks. My son-in-law is a Brighton fan so the deal is I go with him in the Brighton end and he comes with me in the Charlton end on the return leg. Means much more is riding on a Charlton win for me tomorrow.
  • Options
    As a long standing fan of CAFC (I do sit at home matches)

I take on board The Red robin comments of taking a boring 0-0. but i would like to add to my waffles of 1.06pm

One day i hope we play a brand of football which makes people purr, men cry and ladies faint, kid scream and the only way you get into the valley is by having a season ticket. So much so that Richard Murray convinces Roland to increase the ground to 45000.

A boring 0-0 at Brighton. Yes please.
  • Options
    Would be very, very pleased indeed should we get even a single point at the end of the game. At home I'd say we could take them, but at their own ground I can't see us beating Brighton.]

1-1, but lucky to get it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No he does not, think he 'retired' after Withdean. He still a huge fan and see him a lots of the games, home and away. His wonderful song 'Roll up for the Donkey Derby' about when Palace got to Wembley is a classic, the lyrics are superb, like ' Gary O'Reilly ? what's he doing here, he should giving rides to kids on Blackpool pier'

I prefer it with "good old Alan Pardew, what's he doing here . . ." although he wasn't "good" at all.
  • Options
    Have a small feeling we will play 4-5-1 but I'm hoping we don't as I like the partnership of Vetokele and Tucudean.

I've also written a preview if you wouldnt mind taking a look.

http://www.thefinalthought.net/football-league-championship/2014/8/29/li8oldprbxu3avtezpudkhx3cv47b0

Thanks!

COYA
  • Options
    Brighton 4-0 Charlton
  • Options
    I hope we put up more of a fight than we did last year which was disappointing. I think we will but ultimately 3 tough away games may have taken its toll 2-0 to Brighton. Hopefully reinforcements may be coming....
  • Options
    Watched a battling victory for Kent at Canterbury today & how brilliant would it be to "do the double" this weekend !

No predictions though, predictably....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Brighton 4-0 Charlton

Golfie's got a rival.
    I think I preferred the old cheerful Dazzler.

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Brighton 4-0 Charlton

Golfie's got a rival.
    I think I preferred the old cheerful Dazzler.

;o)
    Was that when Dazzler21 said we would only lose 3-0 every week!

Golfaddick is such a pessimist that when he's on the first tee he shots "fore"
    then he hits the ball.

• Options
    3-0 defeat
  • Options
    I think we'll win this 2-0. A brace from Igor.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    1983...unbeaten in the first seven games of the season...went to Brighton in game number eight....and lost 7-0. Goal difference from +4 to -3 by the 62nd minute! Mind you, we did have Peter Mountford in midfield that day....

PS: We kept the same starting XI the following Saturday away to Newcastle. Those were the days.....