Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray is guest CAS Trust AGM 11 September, Bugle Horn pub

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pico said:

Pico said:

Pico said:

I'll be there with my cousin. Richard Murrey is always worth listening to.

It will be great to see you. I assume you are both fully paid up Trust members ?
    Of course we are members! I went to the inaugural meeting of the trust at the valley, Keith Peacock, Brian Kinsey et al, did you ever see them play?
    Yes, Brian Kinsey scored in the first game I saw (v Sunderland on Boxing Day 1961). Looking forward to meeting you this evening
    My first game was early 1962 so a similar time as you, can't remember who the opo's were!
    I will be wearing glasses and a brown leather jacket.
  • Options
    I can't make this one, I hope Richard can make Bromley Addicks in May, always a good evening.
  • Options
    As a trust member am I supposed to be sent these TNTs by post
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Afraid not - with over 1000 members it would just be too expensive. However, an e version is always available on the website soon after publication and there are always copies on our stall on Harvey Gardens behind the covered end on match days.
  • Options
    Well, people, did you like my article? Hope so...
  • Options

It's brilliant - well done Weegie !
  • Options
    Yes, are you going to do some ask Weegie sessions on all the forums?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

For a fiver a year?

• Options
    razil said:

Yes, are you going to do some ask Weegie sessions on all the forums?

No, only on yours, Raz, if them are the rules...:-)
  • Options

Excellent interview .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are usually not too hard to come by. Will be available in the ground on Saturday for first time. If any members struggle to get to matches to get their copy I expect we could help somehow.
  • Options
    Be good to see if KM takes a lead in "But it might be a good idea to get more football fans involved in the running of clubs, people who have a real genuine love of the game." As KM was quoted in the BBC article on here earlier this week, and suggested by a trust member last night....... more than happy to invite KM or even RD to a 'meet the supporters evening'.
  • Options
    Thank you for a good evening guys.

• Options
    Is anyone, present, going to post anything about the evening?
  • Options

Is anyone, present, going to post anything about the evening?

And?........are they still all sobering up?
  • Options
    There will be a full report eventually, however it was an evening with somewhere between 40-60 people there. Formal business, elections and accounts and so forth was conducted strictly within the rules.
    Richard Murray was there and it was an interesting session with a free flow of ideas back and forth. One strand was about Trust activity, and in particular how the Trust might challenge issues such as West Ham getting a free stadium on our doorstep, and how Financial Fair Play might play out come December.
    There was also discussion regarding the credibility and autonomy of Charlton as a singular entity. There was the latest Trust news available with an exclusive interview with Katrien...oh and there were sandwiches available too.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There will be a full report eventually, however it was an evening with somewhere between 40-60 people there. Formal business, elections and accounts and so forth was conducted strictly within the rules.
    Richard Murray was there and it was an interesting session with a free flow of ideas back and forth. One strand was about Trust activity, and in particular how the Trust might challenge issues such as West Ham getting a free stadium on our doorstep, and how Financial Fair Play might play out come December.
    There was also discussion regarding the credibility and autonomy of Charlton as a singular entity. There was the latest Trust news available with an exclusive interview with Katrien...oh and there were sandwiches available too.

Thanks Seth. I don't know how anyone else feels about it, but if it helps, I'm not too worried about a write up about the Trust admin or it's activity, nor how it can liaise with the club, I'm just interested in what Richard Murray had to say, not the 'to be kept in the room stuff' obviously (although I suspect that there will be less and less of that as time goes on) but his views on where we are etc.

Thanks.