Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seven Pounds-Will Smith Film

I know its a bit of a random thing to put on here and more than likely will get closed but I thought I would give it a go

I have just watched this film for the 3/4 time, and to me I still say it is one of the best films ever made and definitely the most emotional has anyone else seen it and what do you think.

If you have not seen it, please I advise you to ASAP its on Netflix and it is well worth the 2 hours of your life, Will Smith has done some great films in fact he is one of them actors that's its hard to find a bad film he has done(A bit like Robin Williams) but this is by far his best film ever.

Once again I apologize for them randomness of this thread but I have just finished it and thought hey why not

Comments

• Robin Williams - World's greatest dad.

It has got to be one of the weirdest/worst films about.
  • Very good film. It's not one of the greatest for me but do know a couple of people of the same opinion as you. It's probably Will Smith's best though.
  • Didn't get it although when I watched it , it had been hyped up so much it would have been difficult to live up to!
    Thought "iIn the pursuit of happiness " was far better
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Didn't get it although when I watched it , it had been hyped up so much it would have been difficult to live up to!

I forgot about that film. Thats his best film actually.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Didn't get it although when I watched it , it had been hyped up so much it would have been difficult to live up to!

This had me blubbing like a baby. Smith absolutely nailed it

• Mawkish oscar-baiting trash with an ending so hilariously stupid I couldn't stop giggling. I'd love to get the prints for this and Happyness and drop a lit match on them.
  • It's hard to find a bad film? On order of crapness - Wild, Wild West, Seven Pounds, Pursuit of Happyness, After Earth, Legend of Bagger Vance, Shark Tale, Bad Boys 2...
  • JiMMy 85 said:

It's hard to find a bad film? On order of crapness - Wild, Wild West, Seven Pounds, Pursuit of Happyness, After Earth, Legend of Bagger Vance, Shark Tale, Bad Boys 2...

And who can forget the seminal piece of work "Hitch".......

• I liked Seven Pounds. Massively underrated film IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Taxi_Lad said:

This had me blubbing like a baby. Smith absolutely nailed it

I loved pursuit if Happiness too. Unless your a movie snob ( guilty as charged Jimmy 85) you couldn't help but enjoy this. Especially if you have children.
  • Oh come on, you don't have to be a snob to recognise that Pursuit is another classic Smith attempt to court Oscar with a worthy script about the American dream. It'd be snobbish to say nobody should like it, but to recognise it for what it is is fair. Admittedly critics disliked it a lot more than filmgoers.
  • Hancock and I am Legend are both rubbish

• Both decent films with ill-conceived third acts.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

It's hard to find a bad film? On order of crapness - Wild, Wild West, Seven Pounds, Pursuit of Happyness, After Earth, Legend of Bagger Vance, Shark Tale, Bad Boys 2...

Either Men In Black sequel....
  • Nah their cack Jimmy
  • I thought I am legend was good. Crap ending/third act
  • There's a much better ending that went unused. It doesn't have the cop-out "he wasn't QUITE the last man on Earth" element, and much closer to the book's.

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/i-am-legend/alternate-ending
  • I really, really dislike this film. One of the only times I've properly considered leaving the cinema before the end. I found it creepy and totally nonsensical. Each to their own!
  • edited August 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

Both decent films with ill-conceived third acts.

Hancock was like two different films, the first one a good subversion of a comic book film, the second shite.

Is there any story that has been done so badly, so many times as I am Legend? Of the three major productions I've seen, every single one had completely missed the point. At least that alternative ending goes some way to rectifying it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Re. I Am legend, writers can't resolve the third act. They can't figure out how to make the words 'I Am legend' make sense and work. I thought the alternate ending was really close. The film had some great sequences.

@bedsaddick - why don't you ever discuss movies rather than talk at people? Pages upon page of opinion but no actual discussion. Why don't you explain to a snob why Pursuit Of Happyness is so much better than one might think?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

@bedsaddick - why don't you ever discuss movies rather than talk at people? Pages upon page of opinion but no actual discussion. Why don't you explain to a snob why Pursuit Of Happyness is so much better than one might think?

I do. But just not with you. Have a nice day Jimmy.
  • Seems logical to not call me a names if you don't want to converse with me then!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Re. I Am legend, writers can't resolve the third act. They can't figure out how to make the words 'I Am legend' make sense and work. I thought the alternate ending was really close. The film had some great sequences.

I quite enjoyed it, but the ending was awful. I think it comes down to executives not trusting the audience more than the writers.
    The thing is there is a reason why the book is popular. I think one of the main reasons the marvel films have been so successful has been their ability to distill what made the characters so popular for decades and then trusting the audience to get it.

• edited August 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

Behave! Cracking film that

• Ha, even Will Smith once said words to the effect of; "I want to apologise to the fans for Bad Boys 2. We know what we wanted to do, but we didn't manage it. I maintain that there's a great 90 minute movie fighting to get out of that two and a half hour mess."
  • I like most of will smiths movies, shame is I don't love any of them.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Ha, even Will Smith once said words to the effect of; "I want to apologise to the fans for Bad Boys 2. We know what we wanted to do, but we didn't manage it. I maintain that there's a great 90 minute movie fighting to get out of that two and a half hour mess."

The ecstasy scene is one of the most I've ever laughed at something Will Smith has been part of. Wasn't that in BB2?
  • Don't forget Ali, Independance Day & Enemy of the State

I like most of his films but for 7 pounds and iRobot
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Ha, even Will Smith once said words to the effect of; "I want to apologise to the fans for Bad Boys 2. We know what we wanted to do, but we didn't manage it. I maintain that there's a great 90 minute movie fighting to get out of that two and a half hour mess."

Just have to take it as what it is I suppose!