Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Broadband deals 2014

Hi

I'm shortly needing to get broadband (existing bt broadband business stopping)

Anyone know of good deals please?

So far EE looks good on paper at £5 a month for 30 odd mb unlimited, but are they pony or is it just bt rebranded? Am expecting more contention than business bb of course
Ta

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Do you use it a lot ? I just use my iPhone as a hotspot
  • Yup got a houseful using t'internet
  • If you have sky they are offering 2 years free broadband atm
  • Do you all have iPhones ? Ifso teather from them. Mine works fine for emails and Netflix
  • If your mobile network permits tethering (Tesco Mobile and some 3 tariffs for example) you don't need to have an iPhone to set up a hotspot. Any Android phone will do the same job.
  • Talktalk get a bad rep but I've been with them couple years now and not had any problems. £141 line rental paid upfront then cheap monthly cost for simply broadband. I've got sky and even their 'free' broadband offer costs more when you total up the line rental.
  • Be weary of tethering as most tariffs have data limits. Mine is 5GB for example and although the 4G is more than good enough (better than most home broadband lines in fact, it uses part of the spectrum that analogue TV used to use) but if you are downloading movies/games you might get a nasty surprise when you see your bill!
  • need new phone and mobile too so its all up for grabs.. so far EE offer is quite short making SKY seem decent, think i need to get my excel spreadsheet out for this one
  • Make sure you go through Quidco or topcashback when you purchase. I got £125 cashback from BT on top of their standard new customer offers, had similar from Virgin in the past
  • shine166 said:

Do you all have iPhones ? Ifso teather from them. Mine works fine for emails and Netflix

Flag for this ? Got anything sharp to push in your wrists ? .. Please indulge
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Talktalk get a bad rep but I've been with them couple years now and not had any problems. £141 line rental paid upfront then cheap monthly cost for simply broadband. I've got sky and even their 'free' broadband offer costs more when you total up the line rental.

I just did this, paid £141 upfront for line rental, £5 for a router and £24 for a year broadband = £170 for the year.

Topcashback gave me £31.50 back and Talk Talk gave me an £85 High Street shopping voucher.

Net therefore c £55 for the year for line rental and broadband.
  • Just about to sort out new Broadband, Topcashback sounds too good to be true. There must be a catch.
  • Talal said:

Talktalk get a bad rep but I've been with them couple years now and not had any problems. £141 line rental paid upfront then cheap monthly cost for simply broadband. I've got sky and even their 'free' broadband offer costs more when you total up the line rental.

I just did this, paid £141 upfront for line rental, £5 for a router and £24 for a year broadband = £170 for the year.

Topcashback gave me £31.50 back and Talk Talk gave me an £85 High Street shopping voucher.

Net therefore c £55 for the year for line rental and broadband.
    Not bad is it. Just sorted out talktalk renewal for my mum as well for broadband and anytime calls, got 60 quid credit plus half price monthly cost for 12 months. Don't know how they can afford to do it.
  • edited September 2014
    vff said:

Just about to sort out new Broadband, Topcashback sounds too good to be true. There must be a catch.

They're just passing on the commissions they would receive for referring a sale. No catch at all, they make their revenue from companies promoting on site/ in email

Just noticed this: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/ pretty amazing deal for anyone looking