Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    wasn't we rumoured to be signing him about 10 years back?
  • Options
    A very harrowing story, why did the Metro feel the need to put the poll at the end?
  • Options

A very harrowing story, why did the Metro feel the need to put the poll at the end?

Ronaldo for me.
  • Options

Just to get more hits on their websites, and bring in advertising revenue.

• Options
    Tony Cascarino says something very similar in his excellent autobiography, playing in France in his mid-30s he said that the morning after games he would lay in bed dreading the thought of taking his first steps of the day, knowing that he would be in absolute agony until his pain-killers kicked in.

Most of this is not just down to wear and tear - although that plays a part - its through years of players getting cortisone shots and doing whatever it takes to get on the field and play which means playing when injured - sometimes twice per week.

There was an article here yesterday about a former Rugby League players, Kevin Campion, who played through so many neck injuries that he now has no feeling in his arms, shoulders or hands, he has full movement but said that you could basically put a branding iron on his forearm and he would not even feel it - again, as he admitted, he was cautioned against playing (and told to retire years before he did) but refused to listen because he loved playing too much.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I looked at Oscar Pistorius and said, “that’s my solution”. Nice one Gabriel any paralympian star you could choose.
  • Options
    Batistuta was an amazing player but always hated the way he nodded in approval when Beckham got sent off at France 98.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I looked at Oscar Pistorius and said, “that’s my solution”. Nice one Gabriel any paralympian star you could choose.

Maybe he has been having problems with his girlfriend?
  • Options
    This is the sort of situation that Solly could face. I really really hope he doesn't of course.
  • Options
    cafcdog said:

We signed Marcus Bent instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb player in his day, remember when he was linked to us...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/charlton-no-to-batistuta-6352045.html

cafcdog said:

We signed Marcus Bent instead.
    No we signed Di Canio instead...
  • Options
    Absolute hero. Is sometimes missed off the greatest strikers debate but really shouldn't be, he had everything.
  • Options
    Saw him score a magnificent goal for Fiorentina in a Serie A (against Cremonese I think) match I went to back in about 95 - he was absolutely idolised there. Hope he gets better & the pain is manageable...
  • Options
    Very sad to hear this news