Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez linked with Liverpool and Newcastle

2»

Comments

• Some of the figures for what people think we could get from him on here have made me laugh.

Really hope he doesn't go, but if it's for the figures quoted above I'll drive him there myself.
  • No. If there is no smoke then there can't be a fire and I never clicked on this thread.
  • I think it's all nonsense to be honest. Can't see it happening today.
  • There can be fire without smoke though
  • Not in my world
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I don't understand the size of any fee being an issue to us fans anymore now that RD is in charge. Not like the old days when any monies received were then hopefully to he used to buy. RD has the money to buy if he wants and 1,3 or 5 million for Joe won't make any difference to that. It would just go into RDs slush fund to use on any of the network clubs

Similarly we shouldn't be concerned how much we pay for a player. I've seen comments about Delort where some have said they don't want us to pay £xxx as they feel it's above his true value. Who gives a shit, it's RDs money and not going to threaten to break us financially.

That said, for kudos it's always nice to see your club get value for selling players. We have let too many go pn the cheap over the years

FFP limits the amount of money he can spend above and beyond what we get it so it matters a lot.

Besides, even if you don't care how much of his money he spends I'm sure he does so unless it's your money and you are willing to spend it all it will always matter how much we get in.

I'm not aiming this directly at you Taxi, but it has been a bug bare of mine for a while how fans can demand that wealth men pi$$ their money up the wall on our hobby. There needs to be a point at which they say no, a little like Kevin Cash is reported to have. If we reach that point then we all know what happens - see the summer of 2013.
    I get the whole FFP thing but there are ways around that especially with our network. I was more referring to our fans reaction over the fees paid/rec'd. An example is Huskaris's comment above that "for the fees quoted I would drive him there myself". Why??? We dont want too lose him, we dont need the money!!!!

Its not like we have to balance our books on a knife edge or we'll go under like before; or that we need to sell to keep ourselves afloat. I also don't see RD as pissing away money on us. Think he's too shrewd a businessman for that.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I don't understand the size of any fee being an issue to us fans anymore now that RD is in charge. Not like the old days when any monies received were then hopefully to he used to buy. RD has the money to buy if he wants and 1,3 or 5 million for Joe won't make any difference to that. It would just go into RDs slush fund to use on any of the network clubs

Similarly we shouldn't be concerned how much we pay for a player. I've seen comments about Delort where some have said they don't want us to pay £xxx as they feel it's above his true value. Who gives a shit, it's RDs money and not going to threaten to break us financially.

That said, for kudos it's always nice to see your club get value for selling players. We have let too many go pn the cheap over the years

I highly doubt the money's coming out of RD's bank account he'd be far too intelligent for that.
  • The FFP thing is key as it frames the maximum losses allowed at £6m this season (excluding stadium deprec'n and the academy) when I was on the Trust board the club would answer questions on historical matters like 2012/13 accounts and the FA cup run but not on forecast finances.
    We had a stab at forecasting last year's losses anyway and these would be further reduced to c.£4m after the cup run and unexpected (!) January sales.
    I mention the above because it will be extremely difficult to forecast this season without knowing the squad pay compared to last year nor the ticket sales split with the new prices.
    The key fact is that there has only been one transfer fee going out rumoured at €3m over five years of Vetokele contract. So I expect we are well within FFP limits but hard to say how much - I normally like to forecast with an accuracy of +/- £1m.

The real question is why would you sell any of the top 18 players when we are in the top six?Unless they are agitating for a move or the offer is too good to turn down. I'm afraid that as we appear on people's radars we are going to have to get used to it! Let's hope that club and players stick together with a single purpose of reaching the play-offs.Not hard to imagine paper talk around Vetokele in January is it?
    Only if we fall well short of the top six does it make sense to me to consider offers. So we then basically sell players to cover losses and keep on bringing more through the Academy and from Europe.
  • Signed a 2 contract back in march I think and im sure we would have put a nice minimum release fee in
  • Sponsored links:

• Tie the bastard down. No not contractually speaking.
  • Signed a 2 contract back in march I think and im sure we would have put a nice minimum release fee in

Signed a 2 year contract back in March I think and I'm sure he would have put a release clause in...
  • Well Poyet is now behind Noble & Song as West Ham's holding midfielder, how long before he demands a loan/move? There's a good chance we may swop places with them if Igor keeps banging them in.
  • Roland won't wanna be Poyeted again, if we could get a good deal for him now...
  • C_A_F_C said:

Roland won't wanna be Poyeted again, if we could get a good deal for him now...

LOL!!!!! Didn't know it was a verb.