Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I apologise

for my part in the language thread being closed.

However in mitigation when some people don't properly read what you say, misrepresent it for their own ends or do not accept why you are desperately trying not to elaborate there does comes a time when you have to stick up for yourself. I genuinely did try to stick to topic up until that point and I believe the thread will bear that out..

I do however strongly maintain that it is not racist, when in England, to expect to be able to converse in English with those with whom one has day to day dealings and to understand their responses. As I said in my opening post on the thread in a foreign country I would expect to converse in the language of that country.

I also apologise to I agree. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Comments

• Options
    Just say Solly.
  • Options
    I apologise for my part in that as well.

I also apologise for my comments to you which were rude, unfair and not needed.

I did try and edit these almost as soon as a I could but was unable to.
  • Options
    PS my old Dad always told me never to discuss politics or religion! Wise man.
  • Options
    Personally I don't even see why it was closed.
  • Options
    My thread had a good run. I think it did fantastic and I was really proud we got to 8 pages.
    I think if we can continue in the same vein, we'll have a very good season.
    We just need to take one thread at a time :-)
  • Options
    I never even saw it, which is just as well really since lately almost anything I say upsets someone or sparks an argument (I know how you feel Len).
  • Options
    I apologise for not knowing what anyone is apologising about!

You will let me know won't you fellow CL'ers if it's me that is the only confused one on here?
  • Options
    You can put your apology where the sun doesn't shine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son threw a crisp packet on the street on the way to the school and I never picked it up, I fear that this unsightly littering may contribute to global warming, I apologise for that.
  • Options

I never even saw it, which is just as well really since lately almost anything I say upsets someone or sparks an argument (I know how you feel Len).

What exactly do you mean by that?!?!?

• Options
    I accept your apology. However, I must apologise for not knowing what you are apologising for.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

I like this apology. I was annoyed that you made all these accusations to Len then finished with The End! Like it was the word of The Lord... And we all had to agree. I didn't.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

IAgree said:

I like this apology. I was annoyed that you made all these accusations to Len then finished with The End! Like it was the word of The Lord... And we all had to agree. I didn't.

I agree.

At least Len is showing his magnanimity with this post
  • Options
    Magnanimity
  • Options
    Stig said:

Man alive, when's our next game coming up?

sorry?
  • Options

My thread had a good run. I think it did fantastic and I was really proud we got to 8 pages.
    I think if we can continue in the same vein, we'll have a very good season.
    We just need to take one thread at a time :-)

Was the thread inspired by your love of the Daily Express?
  • Options
    This forum is due to combust. The combination of an international break, us not getting beat is too much. You are all off you're lids!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Lo siento, pero no hablo ingles!.

Me disculpo.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Listen guys and I know I am probably preaching to the converted but a wise old owl once told me when I was a very young man avoid argument on race, religion and politics and you won't end up in too many confrontational situations throughout your life. Don't get me wrong I have MY views on all these tinderbox subjects but they remain personal to me. If you show your hand, whichever side of the debate you favour then expect this type of regret and apology thread to follow. I have noticed that a certain poster of late is very good at drawing the pin on a grenade and throwing it into a room, I refuse to play his game, those of of you that enjoy it carry on by all means.
  • Options
    I apologise for slavery
  • Options
    If anyone's got any apologising to do it's Andy Delort.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

IAgree said:

He was right though, it was The End.
  • Options

I apologise for slavery

Ken Livingstone, is that you?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Listen guys and I know I am probably preaching to the converted but a wise old owl once told me when I was a very young man avoid argument on race, religion and politics and you won't end up in too many confrontational situations throughout your life. Don't get me wrong I have MY views on all these tinderbox subjects but they remain personal to me. If you show your hand, whichever side of the debate you favour then expect this type of regret and apology thread to follow. I have noticed that a certain poster of late is very good at drawing the pin on a grenade and throwing it into a room, I refuse to play his game, those of of you that enjoy it carry on by all means.

That wise old owl didn't teach to put in paragraphs tho did it?

• Options
    Just teasing red chaser. Agree with your post.
  • Options
    I apologise for hacking lens account and being apologetic on his behalf
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Curb_It said:

RedChaser said:

That wise old owl didn't teach to put in paragraphs tho did it?

No he was strong on maths though, my mum was the English teacher. It's late and I've had a long day, promise I'll try harder tomorrow :-)