Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Land Rover Discovery Sport

What do you think of the new LRD?
Should sell really well especially the lower emissions version which comes out in late 2015.

Comments

• Options
    Yep. One hell of a good looking Chelsea tractor that. Bit rich for my meager means though.
  • Options
    As someone that likes to know if I crash into another car at 3 miles an hour they will all die, whilst baby tarquin and my granola muesli in the back are completely safe, I must have one of these.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I do have a downer on the current trend for bits of cheap black plastic along the door sills, and on the front and rear bumpers of many SUVs. (If the Range Rover proper can do without this nastiness why not everything else?)
    As I said to my Toyota dealer when they introduced the new RAV4 - the previous model didn't have the nasty bits - if I wanted that on my car I could go out and get a second-hand Rover Streetwise or a Dacia Duster.
    Even the X5 and X6 from BMW has this crap glued to them. As far as I can tell, apart from the proper Range Rover, only Audi's Q range and the new Mitsubishi Outlander Hybrid are devoid of cheap plastic trim.

Edited to add: Is nothing sacred? Even the Porsche Cayenne and the upcoming Bentley SUV has them! And as for the truly horrible bit of tat stuck on the doors of the Porsche Macan - utterly gross.
  • Options
    Nice. I'll have two.
  • Options
    looks like an overgrown Evoque - yuk
    give me an old fashioned Defender any day
  • Options
    Very tempted, but I'll stick with my Ford Anglia for now.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

As someone that likes to know if I crash into another car at 3 miles an hour they will all die, whilst baby tarquin and my granola muesli in the back are completely safe, I must have one of these.

are you saying that only people who work the land should have a car like this?

Why shouldnt a housewife or normal household have one of these?
  • Options
    I have an Evoque I love it but it's too small. I can't even get a set if golf clubs in the back. However I love the way it drives, so would be tempted by this, if it had a bit more grunt.
  • Options
    I used to drive a Range Rover Sport. The amount of abuse you get (especially from cyclists) is unreal.

They depreciate very quickly and I ended up selling it for far less than I thought I'd be able to.

They are great, reliable cars, but they need a good frequent run on the motorway. They're no good for the school run or the daily journey to the station and back.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Huskaris said:

are you saying that only people who work the land should have a car like this?

Why shouldnt a housewife or normal household have one of these?
    Its just stupidity really isn't it. You don't need to drive around in a tank to do the school run. I guarantee you some people would if you let them.

To be fair I'm sure that most of these people would be perfectly happy to drive a regular car but I suppose whatever they're compensating for won't let them.

Who am I kidding. I would trade my roller skate clown car in for one in a heartbeat if I could!
  • Options
    What a total waste of money.
  • Options
    Nothing really positive here, but if anyone wants an introduction to a good deal let me know.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I could never see the attraction of a big 4x4 but then I drove one. The GF drives a top of the range Hyundai ix35 and it really surprised me what a nice drive it is.

She's trying to decide on a Range Rover, Audi Q7 or a Cayenne for her next upgrade. My suggestion of a Corsa with 40k miles on the clock would be more her style was met with a slap!