Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mirandés v Alcorcón Sunday 7th September

Match three of the Spanish second division sees Alcorcón in eight place away to sixth placed Mirandés (a win and a draw from the first two games).

Mirandés were actually relegated from this division last year but were reprieved due to Murcia's demotion for financial reasons.

The modestly sized club from the Burgos region are only in their third year at this level so are quite an even match for Alcorcón in terms of size and history.

Kick off at 5pm Spanish time, updates to follow. Hopefully a good result for Los Alfareros (the Potters) from Alcorcón!

Comments

• Options
    Gol! One nil Alcorcón. 26 mins, Oscar Plano.
  • Options
    Rock on !.
    CM - you at the game ?
  • Options
    Away this week but following it online from Madrid. At home next week to Valladolid so might make it to that one depending on kick off time.
  • Options
    Two nil Alcorcón - another goal from former Real Madrid youth teamer and B team player Óscar Plano.
  • Options
    Mirandés have pulled one back: 1-2 with 20 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Mirandés 1-2 Alcorcón full time. Six points from first three games of the season.
  • Options
    Cheers CM. I'm actually in Murcia for a few days holiday. If only they hadn't mucked up their finances, it could have been a local game for me today!

Sounds like Alcorcon are enjoying a good start to the season. Suspect Valladolid will be tougher test next week.
  • Options
    CM, i'm after a bit of advice,,,
    i was thinking of making a trip to Madrid with my son to see Alcorcon play and also Real.One of the weekends mentioned is 6th December when Alcorcon play Sabadell and Real play Celta Vigo.
    Are the games likely to be at differemt times so that we can get between the 2 games, and are tickets for Alcorcon available on the gate?
  • Options

CM, i'm after a bit of advice,,,
    i was thinking of making a trip to Madrid with my son to see Alcorcon play and also Real.One of the weekends mentioned is 6th December when Alcorcon play Sabadell and Real play Celta Vigo.
    Are the games likely to be at differemt times so that we can get between the 2 games, and are tickets for Alcorcon available on the gate?

Exact fixture days and times often don't get confirmed until a few weeks before, so it could be that both games are just down as 'weekend of...' at the moment. Club websites are best bet I reckon - will have a look at both myself as well.

As for tickets for Alcorcón, still haven't been myself but reckon you could get them on gate on the day. I could pick them up for you in days before though just to be sure!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alcorcon fans are just a bunch of stripey nigels
  • Options

Alcorcon fans are just a bunch of stripey nigels

Are they confused about their identity as well then?
  • Options
    I just remember someone saying they went to a Alcorcon match but it was 'sold-out'
  • Options

I just remember someone saying they went to a Alcorcon match but it was 'sold-out'

Indeed, that was almost certainly me. We may have been unlucky, but when we arrived at the Stadium, 5-10 minutes before kick-off and a little later than planned, the game was Sold Out. We were not alone. There was quite a crowd of disappointed locals. If I were going again I'd get tickets in advance.

Re your previous question re the possibility of a clash with Real, I fear you may not know until nearer the time. When I went to Real v Barca earlier this year I was told that we wouldn't know whether the game was due to be played on Saturday or Sunday until about 10 days before the match - it's all about TV scheduling. Hence, we flew out early on Saturday morning and back Monday so that our options were open.

Alcorcon seem to play their home games when Real are also at home - with the other Madrdid based La Liga teams all away - but I don't know whether they switch from Saturday to Sunday depending on when Real play. If I were to guess I'd imagine they don't. You could watch a 5pm KO at Alcorcon and get to a 9pm KO at Real, but it would be a rush, especially if you are not familiar with the rail network, and I don't think I'd bother if I went again.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the weekend if you go!!
  • Options
    Cheers Mundell
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Both games are still pending confirmation of times so would echo Mundell's suggestion to fly back Monday. One of them is bound to be on Sunday night.

Probably take about an hour and a half to get from one ground to another on public transport.

Rayo Vallecano are at home to Sevilla as well that weekend if you wanted to make it a triple!