Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

football chairman

sorry couldn't find the original thread.

does anyone know how you stay in the championship, keep get relegated! do you have to keep inviting russian mafia onto the board or should I splash out on an arab and buy my way to the top.

interestingly when I play us ( charlton ) I normally do ok but typically lose home and away to stonewall without fail:-((

Comments

• Options
    Currently in the prem in 2070/71 great game tho I've spent too long on it considering all U have to do is tap . Very addictive tho
  • Options
    I've managed to avoid relegation throughout, although sacking a manager with about 10 games left just saved me from relegation once! Am currently in second place in the premier league. A bit hit and miss but I've concluded that spending well on the youth set-up gives you much higher rated players coming through as freebies. Also, buy young players with a good form rating as these are prepared to sign up for less money as long as it's a long term contract. (I think Roland must play this game!)
  • Options
    Sorry, meant to add I've never acquired "extra funds".
  • Options
    Another good game is Champ man 15 it's free, got current squad (I know it's off topic but if you like these types of games/ apps worth ago)
  • Options
    Went all the way to the top and the bankrupted the club! Now started a new game with the intention of focusing on youth…
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Another good game is Champ man 15 it's free, got current squad (I know it's off topic but if you like these types of games/ apps worth ago)

not been made for android tho, which is annoying
  • Options
    So addictive as you don't need to spend money on it.

My current premier division status as consistant champions is built on finances which mean I always have to finish top 2 every season and also selling a player for at least 60 million every summer..... financial strategy of Peter Risdale, except i am winning.
  • Options
    Sad b*stard confession time - I'm now into season 2561/62, so I've been successfully running the club for just under 5 and a half centuries (and recently celebrated my 581st birthday). I am bored out of my wits, but the internet connection in the gents at work isn't very good so what else am I gonna do during my morning dump?!

You need to continually upgrade your training set-up and youth policy to do well, and tie your best players to longer contracts whenever you get the chance.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions of alternative Android apps for me to waste my life on. It's been a good run, but I think it's time for someone else to take the reins at Rayo Sandrock - they've got £3.5billion in the bank and a 120k stadium and I'd be happy to transfer ownership in return for the use of my right-hand thumb on more worthwhile tasks!

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Sorry, meant to add I've never acquired "extra funds".

smart arse;-)))

thanks for input fellas. i won't get the arab in just yet as the russians are being very threatening. what ever happens pay the ransom if asked for, i don't want to be beheaded!
  • Options
    I quit at about season 2150 or something having won about everything except an unbeaten season, putting all your money in the youth and being patient the first few seasons is the best way to go. Before important games it always pays to give players with low moral a new contract. Can defo add a few points to your rating.

Must add that i've bought the full version of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I paid for the full verison (with European competitions). At the moment in 2084/85 with Bexley Rangers.

2 Premier Leagues
    1 Champions League
    2 FA Cups
    4 Carling Cups

And I can proudly say never felt the need to purchase extra funds or the £3.99 purchase of a super stadium.

The game was developed by someone who works at Football Manager, Miles Jacobson (FM head honcho) described it to me as "the perfect toilet game" I couldn't think of a better description.
  • Options
    I'm on the lite version, in 2071, playing in the prem, having won it three times. Got relegated three rimes from league 1, twice from the champ, and once from the prem. It's great. The moment I downloaded it, I stopped posting about Andy Delirt, and since then, I've stopped doing anything productive at work, or eating properly.
    It's a life changer! ;-)
  • Options
    I've got pretty much as far as you can with it, super stadium with people being turned away, won all the cups, unbeaten all season etc. Charlton have not once got in the premier league since I started. I hope that isn't an omen!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    NSS is also a good app. You start as an amateur footballer and work your way up through the divisions and hopefully get some international caps along the way, which I've yet to do! Just make sure you turn your data off / stick it on flight mode if you're commuting as it's full of pop-up ads.
  • Options

NSS is also a good app. You start as an amateur footballer and work your way up through the divisions and hopefully get some international caps along the way, which I've yet to do! Just make sure your turn your data off / stick it on flight mode if you're commuting as it's full of pop-up ads.

Brilliant game, I'm captain of England and Real Madrid, having had spells at Bayern, PSG, Man City, Juventus, Barca, Arsenal, Charlton, Tranmere, AFC Wimbledon and Alfreton Town.

Won pretty much everything, scored goals from 45 yards and once averaged 1.4 goals a game in a season
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sam3110 said:

NSS is also a good app. You start as an amateur footballer and work your way up through the divisions and hopefully get some international caps along the way, which I've yet to do! Just make sure your turn your data off / stick it on flight mode if you're commuting as it's full of pop-up ads.

Brilliant game, I'm captain of England and Real Madrid, having had spells at Bayern, PSG, Man City, Juventus, Barca, Arsenal, Charlton, Tranmere, AFC Wimbledon and Alfreton Town.

Won pretty much everything, scored goals from 45 yards and once averaged 1.4 goals a game in a season
    Highlight of my careers far is winning the league with Everton. I can't get anywhere near the England squad. Puzzles me how you can end a game with goals and assists and your fan rating still drops sometimes. Consistency is the key I suppose! Just started a new one with the one and only Alfreton Town and have been transferred to Colchester.
  • Options
    I found this game fairly simple to win the prem. I'm usually terrible at football manager and the like - probably only managed to do well at this because it's so simple, lol