Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"IS" the new threat - Twitter targetted

Comments

• Options
    Scum
  • Options
    They've closed their offices I think in response
  • Options
    Maniacs.
  • Options
    razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Burn them all
  • Options

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    That can't be true? Closing your offices after a twitter threat?
  • Options

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    Rumour is they've relocated to The Den.

( Sorry, couldn't resist on a very serious thread)

• Options
    Oh dear, so now IS have seen the perverse irony of using Twitter to spread their nonsense and propaganda? Or perhaps they've realised that their attempts at inciting fear through Twitter have instead made them the subject of ridicule?

They were obviously going to react in this way considering:

a) Their previous attempts to utilise twitter ('#MessageToUS', '#MessageFromIS' etc) just ended up being hijacked by jokes and ridicule;
    b) there's been hashtags aimed at them.. also ridiculing them ('#AskISIS');
    c) the wave of Muslims posting photos of themselves burning IS flags. ("The Muslim Icebucket Challenge")

As for the threat itself, they've currently been making threats left, right and centre with (thankfully) no substance behind them. It's probably a good precaution to close the office temporarily whilst continuing business operations from elsewhere, but truth be told I doubt the threat is that severe.

Hope everyone working there keeps safe none the less.

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    I wouldn't be too surprised, I dare say Twitter have a working from home policy for staff anyway.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Oh dear, so now IS have seen the perverse irony of using Twitter to spread their nonsense and propaganda? Or perhaps they've realised that their attempts at inciting fear through Twitter have instead made them the subject of ridicule?

They were obviously going to react in this way considering:

a) Their previous attempts to utilise twitter ('#MessageToUS', '#MessageFromIS' etc) just ended up being hijacked by jokes and ridicule;
    b) there's been hashtags aimed at them.. also ridiculing them ('#AskISIS');
    c) the wave of Muslims posting photos of themselves burning IS flags. ("The Muslim Icebucket Challenge")

As for the threat itself, they've currently been making threats left, right and centre with (thankfully) no substance behind them. It's probably a good precaution to close the office temporarily whilst continuing business operations from elsewhere, but truth be told I doubt the threat is that severe.

Hope everyone working there keeps safe none the less.

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    I wouldn't be too surprised, I dare say Twitter have a working from home policy for staff anyway.
    religious extremists in hypocrisy shock
  • Options

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    Depends... if it was some ranting loony then probably not, but IS have shown they are resourceful, well equipped and have some intelligent planners/strategists - there is a fair chance they could in fact pull it off if they really wanted to. And as said, a fair amount of Twitter employees probably could work from home if absolutely necessary. If any company said 'business as usual' and then was attacked, they'd be in all sorts of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    Depends... if it was some ranting loony then probably not, but IS have shown they are resourceful, well equipped and have some intelligent planners/strategists - there is a fair chance they could in fact pull it off if they really wanted to. And as said, a fair amount of Twitter employees probably could work from home if absolutely necessary. If any company said 'business as usual' and then was attacked, they'd be in all sorts of shit.
    We've had terrorists threaten London for years. We don't all stay at home cowering in fear. That's what I always thought was a great thing, not letting them affect your way of life, cracking on with your day and not letting them have an impact.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    We've had terrorists threaten London for years. We don't all stay at home cowering in fear. That's what I always thought was a great thing, not letting them affect your way of life, cracking on with your day and not letting them have an impact.
    If they're just as productive working from home then it's not really "affecting your way of life"
  • Options

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    Bit different from a target specific threat though. I wonder how many would use public transport to London Bridge if there was a message released that it was to be targeted?
  • Options

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.

Let em come !!

• Options

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    In all honesty I agree with you, but I can see why a company would make the call to close the office. The threat was very clear and very specific, not just some ranting about 'Westerners must die'. I am glad I don't really have to face the decision myself...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    In all honesty I agree with you, but I can see why a company would make the call to close the office. The threat was very clear and very specific, not just some ranting about 'Westerners must die'. I am glad I don't really have to face the decision myself...
    Call me a coward but had I worked for them I would have asked for a days holiday that day. One can never be too careful.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

razil said:

That's just ridiculous.
    I would imagine the company would be acting on advice of the security services in which case there isn't really a choice to be made.