Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chasing Shadows - TV drama

The second of this four part serial is on ITV at 9pm this evening.

I thought last weeks episode was very good, with the lead policeman having similar personality traits to the female police woman in the Bridge (aka the Tunnel). Interestingly it is shot in our area and a lengthy scene was shown last week, outside the co-op in Plumstead Common Road. The area where a serial killer is at large is in Greenwich, so lots of local landmarks to pick out, although the police station appears to be the other side of the tunnel, near Canary Wharf.

Would recommend , for those that enjoyed the Bridge, Broadchurch, etc. Slightly off topic, thought Scott and Bailey was as excellent as ever, last night too.

Comments

• Options
    I watched it last night on catch up as i had seen the references to the local area. Spotted the coop and a few other spots. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Watched it and thought it was the Plumstead Co-Op.

Thought it was potentially good, though i struggle to take it seriously that the lead character would be in such a job with such strong elements of the aspergers-type characteristics they are giving him.

Also struggle to see the lead actor beyond the excellent serial-murder series he was in a little while ago.
  • Options
    Why can't they just have a normal cop.

No silly foibles, walks or cars. No estranged wives or drink and drug problems. No secret kid or dealing with criminals. Just a good honest cop solving crime.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

No silly foibles, walks or cars. No estranged wives or drink and drug problems. No secret kid or dealing with criminals. Just a good honest cop solving crime.

Dixon of Dock Green ?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Here you go, a little series called Midsomer Murders that may have passed you by in the past 17 years... ;-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118401/?ref_=nv_sr_1
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode of this, can't say I was impressed. Weak script, some dodgy acting and was pretty dull overall. The male lead just has too much of the aspergers like characteristics to seem plausible. Will give it one more ep.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Dixon of Dock Green ?

In the old days at the Valley, whenever one of the two or three policemen dotted around the pitch touched the ball we used to sing: (to the tune of Campdown races)

Who's that copper with the helmet on?
    Dixon Dixon
    Dixon of Dock Green
    On the beat all day,
    On his wife all night,
    Dixon of Dock Green
  • Options
    I'm disappointed you took part in sexist chanting Seth :-)
  • Options
    Yeah I am ashamed looking back, I acted like a sheep.
    It should obviously be:
    'S/he is on his or her significant other all night unless monosexual'
    Doesn't scan well though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw the 2nd part, was ok, but thought it was going to be better / could have been better.
  • Options
    Watched episode 3 last night and it definitely improved a notch with the serial killer, even want to actually see what happens in the next episode rather than just watching trying to spot local roads.

The 53 was on it along with Woolwich - filmed in the new Civic Centre and parts of Thamesmead.
  • Options
    watching it but a bit meh for want of a better word.

Reece Shearsmith's portrayal of the copper seems a bit forced to me and is offputting.

The stories have not grabbed me either, although wanna know what is going on with his cleaner.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    SPOILER ALERT - READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO DUNNIT !

Is it me or was that final episode a complete load of bollocks?
    Who was Tommy ? Had we seen him before?
    Underwhelmed.
  • Options
    Yeah he was in last episode. Worked at the secure hospital handing out medication.normally pushing a trolley. He gave some pills to vance last week when he got out of the police van to show them where body was, then vance collapsed and died.
  • Options
    Ta.
  • Options

Took their main idea from The Bridge but rather poor acting meant it went nowhere.