Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Troy Deeney chants...

Which started up when we played them last season and carried on today. Basically insinuating he is a rapist / sex case.

Am I going nuts or has the person who started it got him confused with Marlon King, and about a thousand sheep have followed on ????

Comments

• Options
    Deeney was banged up for beating up two students in 2012.

Cringed everytime it rung out today.
  • Options
    He has been in clink for something. Have no idea what for though
  • Options
    I keep saying it to people around me when they start singing it, makes no sense as he was done for assault not rape
  • Options
    He was inside for affray so not sure what the song was referring to.
  • Options
    Affray . Kicking a bloke outside a nightclub.

Not exactly the best fit for the 'she said no Deeney she said no', 'nonce' and 'sex case' stuff
  • Options
    Yeah was weird!

Also, what happened with the fans in the Jimmy Seed end of the East with him? Looked like a few words were spoken from where I was sitting.
  • Options
    Maybe it was a woman he was kicking outside the nightclub?
  • Options
    During a break in play during the 2nd half, he was getting some stick from some of our fans in the east (B block I think). To his credit, he exchanged some banter with them without throwing any handbags. Seemed to take it in good spirit, although I didn't hear what was said to him and would be surprised if it was related to the above comments.............
  • Options
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18584603

Report mentions 3 men getting a kick in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was baffled at this too, didn't join in. After seeing various interviews with him, he seems like a decent bloke and very good footballer, almost too good for this division.
  • Options
    Maybe he asked a girl on a date?
  • Options
    Unsuccessfully
  • Options
    So in an effort to try and get under his skin, those supporters just embarrassed themselves.

That is the braindead mentality of some fans though. Footballer + prison = must be a rapist, cue "she said no"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    I was surprised too. I always thought it was beating people up he got done for. Some people are silly.

At one point people were shouting "you fat bastard" in that pause, so he lifted his shirt. Made me giggle.
  • Options
    Just practicing for when we play Sheffield United in the cup.
  • Options
    Big Bib should go for him in the January transfer window. In think he's a decent player.
  • Options

Big Bib should go for him in the January transfer window. In think he's a decent player.

Why would he come here if Prem teams failed to get him in the summer ?! He is miles out of our range.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would he come here if Prem teams failed to get him in the summer ?! He is miles out of our range.
    It was more tongue in cheek to be honest, but you never know.
  • Options
    I think he is a class act as well and would be a perfect signing IMO for a club like us if we manage somehow to get promoted. He would be a great signing for a Palace / Burnley etc
  • Options
    Im just hoping that the same contingent don't sing horrible chants at Rotherham fans, could spoil a good away trip.
  • Options
    He dealt with it really well tbf. Chants of she said no Deeney, but those participating in East Stand couldnt tell their arse from their elbow quite frankly. As someone said, chants of 'you fat bastard' met with him lifting his shirt to reveal that indeed he was not said fat bastard.
  • Options

Probably started by the bloke who sits behind me.

He thought Jensen was s***, Wright- phillips was worse than his brother Ian, and Kishishev could f*** off back to Transylvania!!

We all have a bloke that sits behind us that spouts shite all game. There must be some complete cnuts in the last row of seats!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Kipper23 said:

He dealt with it really well tbf. Chants of she said no Deeney, but those participating in East Stand couldnt tell their arse from their elbow quite frankly. As someone said, chants of 'you fat bastard' met with him lifting his shirt to reveal that indeed he was not said fat bastard.

I was sitting in row E directly in front of him during that exchange, and I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

When some of the comments were first made he just turned around and kept winking, which seemed to attract more shouting - which included the "you fat bastard" chant. So he began counting to six with his fingers before lifting his shirt to reveal his abs. Seems like a decent enough bloke, was quite surprised when I read he did time for affray.

As for the away fans, they began chanting something about northerners(?!) back in response. (Just seen a Watford fan say they were chanting "Deeney says you're a c**t.")

(There were a couple of utter bellends in the away stand towards the East, one in particular, who was trying to be a tough guy and peculiarly ended up moving to be with a group of other men - before hiding behind a rather rotund one who had a penchant for doing a cut throat gesture. Most amusing bit was when they hadn't realised the linesman had flagged their goal as offside and they were still giving it the big 'un to us..)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Kipper23 said:

I was sitting in row E directly in front of him during that exchange, and I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

When some of the comments were first made he just turned around and kept winking, which seemed to attract more shouting - which included the "you fat bastard" chant. So he began counting to six with his fingers before lifting his shirt to reveal his abs. Seems like a decent enough bloke, was quite surprised when I read he did time for affray.

As for the away fans, they began chanting something about northerners(?!) back in response. (Just seen a Watford fan say they were chanting "Deeney says you're a c**t.")

(There were a couple of utter bellends in the away stand towards the East, one in particular, who was trying to be a tough guy and peculiarly ended up moving to be with a group of other men - before hiding behind a rather rotund one who had a penchant for doing a cut throat gesture. Most amusing bit was when they hadn't realised the linesman had flagged their goal as offside and they were still giving it the big 'un to us..)
    The offside call was a terrifying moment for me sitting in the east. I was 99% sure the ref had blew his whistle in the runup and I could see the flag up so I stood up and started clapping and cheering as soon as the ball went in the net... I was the only person around me who realised it was disallowed... I think a lot of people thought I was a Watford fan until it became clear it hadn't been given haha.