Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

noisy neighbours

Just getting ready to go to bed tonight and my neighbours decide to start having a party..... Not in the house but in the back and front garden. Music is the loudest I've ever heard. People drinking in the streets and fighting each other followed by them racing cars up and down the street... And now at 1 o'clock in the morning, people are still showing up....

Any advice on what I can do?

Comments

• Options
    Beat em up
  • Options
    Look on your council website for the Noise Nuisance team, but depending on where you are, they may not necessarily come out.
  • Options
    Go play would ya in your head whilst drinking free bee
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Move out of Abbey Wood.
  • Options
    Get your music on now and start doing some drilling.
  • Options

Get your music on now and start doing some drilling.

This.
  • Options
    Mr Wolf but be fast fast fast
  • Options
    noisy neighbours? They got beat 2-0, what they got to party about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is like an extension of the 'has anyone seen a nutter in Blackfen in the middle of the night' thread.

Get down the estate agents today.
  • Options
    Is the party still going on?
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Just getting ready to go to bed tonight and my neighbours decide to start having a party..... Not in the house but in the back and front garden. Music is the loudest I've ever heard. People drinking in the streets and fighting each other followed by them racing cars up and down the street... And now at 1 o'clock in the morning, people are still showing up....

Where abouts do you live? Yes, call noise nuisance team in future.
  • Options
    I usually find arson is a great way to get through to annoying neighbours.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

suck it up.
    From the sound of them you wouldn't want them to know it was you who complained. It may seem the cowardly option but do you really want a war with them?
  • Options
    I think out of politeness and good neighbourliness they should have informed you in advance. The fact they didn't and from what you have said they seem like trouble. I would adopt the Baldybonce stance but start thinking of what Henry would call an "exit strategy"
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be a thread about Man City. ;-)
  • Options
    I should add that if you do make formal complaints against your neighbours and decide to sell (are you the owners?) you will have to declare this in your sellers pack and this will be passed on to potential buyers.
  • Options
    Why don't you go have a word today and just say it would have been nice for them to come and let you know it was happening and that in future that's what you'd like to happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Book a weekend away and set a timer on a massive sound system in your house to play Classic FM at 6 in the morning
  • Options

Why don't you go have a word today and just say it would have been nice for them to come and let you know it was happening and that in future that's what you'd like to happen

Maybe the parents were 'out' or 'on holiday' and their teenager's have taken their chance for a party?
    It wouldn't be the first time teenagers have done that!

Seriously, no point being confrontational - they'll be sleep deprived and have sore heads this morning.

Give it a few days to let your anger pass - and do what Greenie Junior suggests.

After all, you have to live next door to these people, so no point having a poisonous atmosphere and feuding with them - no winners there.
  • Options
    What was the outcome @Blinkant‌ ?
  • Options

He's started something now (bad neighbours style). They're out to get him.
  • Options
    He's just been buried under their patio
  • Options

He's still stuck in a K-hole
  • Options

Ended up putting my ipod on to drown out the noise. Girlfriend said they’d finally stopped at 6am but I was out for the count.

Don’t think they appreciated me playing my music at 10am while washing the car though.

My brother who lives 2 roads down and people at the other end of my road also had house party’s next to them all night and people was going from one house to the next.

Lived here 5 years now and it’s the first time they’ve had a party all night so hopefully it’ll be a one off.
  • Options
    I'm an old stick in the mud and I try to take a live and let live approach to most things, but I've never understood people's selfishness when it comes to loud noise. I'd be really embarrassed belting out my shyte taste in music to my neighbours at all hours. I also fail to see why having the "courtesy" to let people know that you are about to make a total racket makes it ok? We had one a few weeks ago where people a few doors up and across the road had a live band performing in their garden all bloody day long. It was deafening. Just my tough titty if I'd made long standing plans to use my garden for a bbq or some such that afternoon. Apparently some neighbours got a leaflet through the door to say it was happening. and would finish at 1800. We didn't get one and my much less tolerant than me neighbours were on the dog to the old bill at 1801!!!!

We had some a-hole park up at 0232 this morning with his car stereo blaring out full blast for about 5 minutes. Cheers pal if your reading this.
  • Options

I also fail to see why having the "courtesy" to let people know that you are about to make a total racket makes it ok?

It doesn't make it ok. But it does give you the POSSIBILITY of making alternative arrangements, such as going out for the day or sleeping elsewhere.