Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possible Loans

124»

Comments

• vff said:

cabbles said:

vff said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Probably not BP. Most likely RD is sticking to 'see where we are in Jan with current squad'

Rightly/wrongly, I think the squad we've got is the one we'll take into Jan. I think we'll add a couple in Jan regardless of where we are, because the squad is too stretched. Hopefully we'll still be in with a shout by then

Football League paper had interview with Bob who had positive discussions with RD about January additions.
    We'll definitely be getting players in come Jan, even if we've slipped down the table I reckon. If I was BP I would also argue that even if we have fallen off the pace a bit in Jan, the Championship is the sort of league where you put 5 wins together, you're right back in it.

Plus it's even tighter this year
    There is no certainty that Charlton will be getting in any players in January 14. Its a really big assumption to think that RD agrees with a big section of Charlton support about what is obvious in strengthening the team. RD may be looking at things from a completely different timescale and perspective.

The Standard Liege situation is going pear shaped, and the last time the Liege supporters rioted and caused RD to hole up in his office, RD heavily invested in Liege afterwards, which caused them to get to the top of the league. Who knows maybe RD will sell up this time ? (Though that may be doubtful due to getting a lower price due to the trouble). It is anybody's guess what RD will do.

Until anything happens otherwise, the squad Charlton has now will be the squad Charlton will have for the whole season. Happy if you are right though Cabbles and some additional quality is brought in. It is no way clear to being a definite.
    Agree re: liege uncertainty. I've just got a feeling we're the club in the network with a future (no offence to any of the others). I think there's a positivity about the place, and I think RD is also buying into that
    RD likes the whole European scouting thing and selling Liege does not seem to fit into that. If RD was going to do it, it would be surprising if he does this in December rather than the end of the season. The Liege supporters being very upset probably doesn't help him getting a higher price. Cashing in on some of the quality in the squad, may not help either. Who knows with RD, what he is up to, it is always a bit of a surprise.

I totally agree with you @cabbles that speaking from speaking from a Charlton supporters perspective, RD concentrating on Charlton to get into the premiership is the logical choice :-)
    You are right to say who knows with RD and what his long term plans are and yes I'll be looking at it from our perspective. But I reckon we'll have one or two additions. That's going to depend on availability and as BP says adding quality, but I'm confident we'll have a new striker.....no logic for this, just a little feeling.

• vffvff
    edited October 2014

vff said:

vff said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Probably not BP. Most likely RD is sticking to 'see where we are in Jan with current squad'

Rightly/wrongly, I think the squad we've got is the one we'll take into Jan. I think we'll add a couple in Jan regardless of where we are, because the squad is too stretched. Hopefully we'll still be in with a shout by then

Football League paper had interview with Bob who had positive discussions with RD about January additions.
    We'll definitely be getting players in come Jan, even if we've slipped down the table I reckon. If I was BP I would also argue that even if we have fallen off the pace a bit in Jan, the Championship is the sort of league where you put 5 wins together, you're right back in it.

There is no certainty that Charlton will be getting in any players in January 14. Its a really big assumption to think that RD agrees with a big section of Charlton support about what is obvious in strengthening the team. RD may be looking at things from a completely different timescale and perspective.

The Standard Liege situation is going pear shaped, and the last time the Liege supporters rioted and caused RD to hole up in his office, RD heavily invested in Liege afterwards, which caused them to get to the top of the league. Who knows maybe RD will sell up this time ? (Though that may be doubtful due to getting a lower price due to the trouble). It is anybody's guess what RD will do.

Until anything happens otherwise, the squad Charlton has now will be the squad Charlton will have for the whole season. Happy if you are right though Cabbles and some additional quality is brought in. It is no way clear to being a definite.
    Been there, done that
    The famous CL thing of ignoring the whole point to pick up on a small mistake. Well done Greenie Jnr. You must be proud.
    It's a joke lighten up you weirdo
    Crap joke followed up by stupid insult. I forgot it is the school holidays.
  • cabbles said:

vff said:

cabbles said:

vff said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Agree re: liege uncertainty. I've just got a feeling we're the club in the network with a future (no offence to any of the others). I think there's a positivity about the place, and I think RD is also buying into that
    RD likes the whole European scouting thing and selling Liege does not seem to fit into that. If RD was going to do it, it would be surprising if he does this in December rather than the end of the season. The Liege supporters being very upset probably doesn't help him getting a higher price. Cashing in on some of the quality in the squad, may not help either. Who knows with RD, what he is up to, it is always a bit of a surprise.

I totally agree with you @cabbles that speaking from speaking from a Charlton supporters perspective, RD concentrating on Charlton to get into the premiership is the logical choice :-)
    You are right to say who knows with RD and what his long term plans are and yes I'll be looking at it from our perspective. But I reckon we'll have one or two additions. That's going to depend on availability and as BP says adding quality, but I'm confident we'll have a new striker.....no logic for this, just a little feeling.

1 or 2 new additions would be excellent. Hope your right there cabbles.
  • vff said:

vff said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

And the prize for stating the bleeding obvious goes to ;0)

'The squad Charlton have now is highly likely to be the squad Charlton will have for the whole season. Happy if you are right though Cabbles and some additional quality is brought in. It is no way clear to being a definite.'

Apart from being pedantic. I take it that you agree with the majority of the contribution @ShootersHillGuru ? Unless you are just picking up on that one line, many Charlton supporters assume that the shortcomings in the team are going to be addressed. I don't think that is stating the bleedin' obvious to point out that there is a high chance of this not happening. I hope that I am proved wrong about that.

Charlton need a couple of players to be safe mid table let alone being in the top 6.
    I wasn't having a go hence the winky thing. I was merely highlighting your comment that effectively said " if things don't change then they'll stay the same"

To me that's stating the bleeding obvious.

• Some people are too sensitive on here. I'm sure GJ was only mucking about, just like everyone else does.

There's a whole thread on punctuation & grammar!