Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Addicks all over the world

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Latest article from Ben

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=109

Comments

• Options
    Cheers

Since I wrote this article I've been contacted by a fan in Thailand (Bangkok Addick) so add that country to the list.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to those Scottish Addicks who followed the club in the 1980s? I seem to remember they were Dundee fans (or Dundee Utd?) and came down a few times during our Selhurst years, anyway they were featured in VoTV a few times.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Whatever happened to those Scottish Addicks who followed the club in the 1980s? I seem to remember they were Dundee fans (or Dundee Utd?) and came down a few times during our Selhurst years, anyway they were featured in VoTV a few times.

Also, in the late 70's or early 80's there seemed to be some tie up with St Johnstone and we played them a few times in friendlies. At the time, they had a prolific goalscorer called Henry Hall, I believe.

I remember going up to Perth and seeing us lose 2-0 but there was some liason between supporters clubs.
  • Options
    aint the fellow from netaddicks DFT scottish?? anyone no him? I am sure he is from Ayrshire, but could be wrong! And there is the weegies too, cafc in scotland seems well represented!
  • Options
    There is an American couple (true American not ex-pat) who i met in NYC last month. They are coming to the Sheff Utd game and i told them i'd see them in the Oak after the game. Might not be a pleasant sight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]aint the fellow from netaddicks DFT scottish?? anyone no him? I am sure he is from Ayrshire, but could be wrong! And there is the weegies too, cafc in scotland seems well represented!

Dave from Thamesmead is not scottish, he just moved up there. :-)
  • Options
    Algarve Addick
  • Options
    Spooky this article should be posted today.

My daughter met some Charlton fans in Gambia recently and wanted to talk to somebody about developing links with the Club as (unsurprisingly) it appears to be predominantly Chelsea and Man U out there.

Henry, who should she contact?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Algarve Addick

he is one who i havn't seen on here yet!
  • Options
    There's that Welsh addick MCS from the place with the really long name:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochbelvedererererere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a fair few antipodian addicks scattered around the place, mostly after work/pouring beers in SE London over the years.

I try to spread the word while touring the world, but I've yet to meet any in Eastern Europe (Poland/Slovakia).
  • Options
    didn't a few russians (spartak moscow or moscow dynamo fans?) come to boro a few years back? i seem to remember getting a replacement bus service for part of the train journey (cue anorak), we ended up on their coach and they were all completely sh*tfaced on russian vodka/brick acid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tatvet[/cite]
    I try to spread the word while touring the world, but I've yet to meet any in Eastern Europe (Poland/Slovakia).

Off the top of my head, we've got members of this forum based in the following countries:

Canada x lots
    Bermuda
    Good ol USA
    Bermuda
    Chile
    Oz
    Austria
    Germany
    Czechoslovakia
    Holland
    France
    Sweden
    Iceland
    Portugal
    Ireland
    Scotland
    Thailand

Have i missed anyone ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]didn't a few russians (spartak moscow or moscow dynamo fans?) come to boro a few years back? i seem to remember getting a replacement bus service for part of the train journey (cue anorak), we ended up on their coach and they were all completely sh*tfaced on russian vodka/brick acid.

Yes, Oakster off here organised a game against them on Blackheath Common, and they were having neat vodka as their half time drink !
  • Options
    Pedantic mode...

There's no such country as Czechoslovakia.
  • Options
    And only one Bermuda

Anyone know the Roky Erikson song Bermuda? Classic
  • Options
    Dont get short about Bermuda Henry

I'll get my coat.