Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Our possession and the 4-4-2

2»

Comments

• ross1 said:

Did you notice the possession Everton had last night (less then their opponents), and they still won 4-1

Everton had 49%...can hardly compare that to our 38-40%
  • Possession isn't everything, it's what you do with it that counts (Charlton 2 Glenn Hoddle's Swindon 0 shortly after Robert Lee had been sold, anyone?). That said, I think our possession stats are partly due to the counter attacking way we seem to be set up, and that we have players who are still learning how their team mates play.

I think it's worth going 4-3-3 personally, given the style of football Peeters is pressing home. The back four picks itself right now, a central 3 of Cousins, Jacko and Buyens behind a front 3 of Vetoleke, JBG, and one of Bulot and Harriott. If we have possession, we might see a little more of the full backs higher up the pitch.

Given Bulot's free role on Saturday, he or Harriott could also play just behind Vetoleke if we wanted to revert to a 4-4-2.
  • According to BBC we had 38 per cent possession tonight.
  • As well as 5 shots to their 19 and 1 corner to their 14! I was not there, so don't know how well/badly we played.

But stats wise looks like we were once again dominated, and this time at home to a team who are second bottom.

Ah well we beat them in the only stat that counts and that is goals scored :).