Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More fussy stewarding

Comments

• Options
    CIU Card is essential home and away

CIU Card is essential home and away

I just pay £1 ;o)
    More expensive than getting a CIU card plus you can use it up north to enter the more select drinking venues at away games.
  • Options
    Who said it was a tin - I assumed fabric (denim to be precise)
  • Options
    Denim? That's for pencil case connoisseurs, that. You can't just start off with a denim pencil case. You start off with a Ben 10 pencil case and work your way up to denim.
  • Options
    A Louis Vuitton wash bag is the thing

• Options
    You want to think carefully before you start posting picture of people with handbags Henry :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Listen I just got caught slightly by surprise at the end of the day. Because usually smaller town clubs in the lower leagues or have just come up from them... on the whole I have found that the stewards there tend to be more relaxed and have found more in London and bigger cities at the bigger clubs (ie Manchester abliet where we have not been for a while) that the stewards tend to be a wee bit stricter. I just thought it was more the pricipal of going into much smaller areas that slightly irritated me.
  • Options
    It was more something similar to this except it single size and didn't have any logo on it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Did anyone who went yesterday find the stewarding outside the ground a little too fussy. I have a small little pencil case in my bag with a few small nicnacs if I need them like a charger and wanted to check it and most places they don't check it. I know it's called New York but it's called the New York stadium in Rotherham, not JFK airport in New York.

Was anything confiscated?

I saw a tin of Lynx to one side of the turnstile. Obviously one of our youngsters was hoping for a successful night out in South Yorkshire afterwards.
    He was probably hoping to meet up with Operation Pig's MILF from the other night!

If he took AddickFC81 with him, she could help him with his homework!!

• Options
    Don't like to take this thread away from pencil cases but there were two blokes with a flag who had it confisticated at turnstile 22 - apparently because the flag did not have a fire safety certificate. When the fella gave the steward a bit of reasonable lip over Group 4's performance at the Olympics it could have turned nasty because the steward did NOT have a sense of humour. Big man in a small town I guess. Fortunately the Charlton fella thought better than giving him a little slap.
  • Options

Don't like to take this thread away from pencil cases but there were two blokes with a flag who had it confisticated at turnstile 22 - apparently because the flag did not have a fire safety certificate. When the fella gave the steward a bit of reasonable lip over Group 4's performance at the Olympics it could have turned nasty because the steward did NOT have a sense of humour. Big man in a small town I guess. Fortunately the Charlton fella thought better than giving him a little slap.

You do need fire safety certificates on flags in many places even though they won't check the smallest places in your bag.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen The Lee Rigby flag this season ?
  • Options
    Checked on eBay you can get a Charlton Pencil case with your name printed and shirt number of choice added. All this for £7.99p that's the price of a couple of pints ! You know it makes sense ! I'm going to have the shirt number 132 on mine. Because that's my favourite bus route !

Currently not sure what nick knacks to keep it in, but will post up when I have decided.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

People worrying about what Millwall might think are the ones with the problem. However, it does make me optimistic about the sales of the 'What Would Millwall Do?' wristbands that I'm selling behind the Covered End next home game.

Why don't you wait till the home game against the Spanners for the big launch Uboat? Elastic bands around children, if your pitch is outside the Jimmy Seed you could choke 3,000 of the feckers!
  • Options

Uboat said:

People worrying about what Millwall might think are the ones with the problem. However, it does make me optimistic about the sales of the 'What Would Millwall Do?' wristbands that I'm selling behind the Covered End next home game.

Why don't you wait till the home game against the Spanners for the big launch Uboat? Elastic bands around children, if your pitch is outside the Jimmy Seed you could choke 3,000 of the feckers!
    They don't need a wristband to remember to act like morons.
  • Options
    My son was told he couldnt take his laptop out of his bag in case he took a photo from it. But was happy for hin to take his phone in. Errrr
  • Options

Checked on eBay you can get a Charlton Pencil case with your name printed and shirt number of choice added. All this for £7.99p that's the price of a couple of pints ! You know it makes sense ! I'm going to have the shirt number 132 on mine. Because that's my favourite bus route !

Currently not sure what nick knacks to keep it in, but will post up when I have decided.

Why not just keep nik naks in it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does sound like quite a few other fans had over thorough checks as well. For instance with the laptopbeing just one.
  • Options
    I think we need a pencil case thread.
  • Options
    They tried to take my George Bradshaw railway guide from me. However after informing them that I was getting a little annoyed with there level of security. I then asked whether he knew if their vegetarian cheese was truely vegetarian? This had him stumped.
    The confrontation level had gone up a gear.
    It wasn't until I took of my right sandal and waved it vigorously in his face, that he allowed me entry to the ground, and wished me well.
    Bloody northerners, I thought.
  • Options
    Do I need a fire certificate to take my blanket into the East stand?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

shirty5 said:

Did anyone who went yesterday find the stewarding outside the ground a little too fussy. I have a small little pencil case in my bag with a few small nicnacs if I need them like a charger and wanted to check it and most places they don't check it. I know it's called New York but it's called the New York stadium in Rotherham, not JFK airport in New York.

Was anything confiscated?

I saw a tin of Lynx to one side of the turnstile. Obviously one of our youngsters was hoping for a successful night out in South Yorkshire afterwards.
    He was probably hoping to meet up with Operation Pig's MILF from the other night!

If he took AddickFC81 with him, she could help him with his homework!!

I think you meant GILF. They get Granny status from about 28 years old in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I got that wrong. It's 26, although it's no surprise her home town is Rotherham I suppose.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/432463.stm
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I'm sorry I got that wrong. It's 26, although it's no surprise her home town is Rotherham I suppose.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/432463.stm

The age of that report she's probably a great grandma by now.
  • Options

Is that a fire certificate? Or a fire safety certificate? I can imagine they're very different things.
  • Options
    A pencil case was asking for trouble, why not bring in a bum bag or, if you like American things, a 'fanny pack'. (Sniggers)
  • Options

Is that a fire certificate? Or a fire safety certificate? I can imagine they're very different things.
    Good point. I think I may need both!