Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann

Comments

• Options
    We hear that they are running the club on budgets. YK and Chris o'grady contract requests were too high so they look abroad. The whole point of a younger player is not just that they are cheaper but they also have a resale value.

Clubs like Bournemouth and Brighton bought our players last January and put those players on longer term, higher paying deals.

The club (and network) clearly want Tucudean to work out - I wonder at what point they will look elsewhere. Many fans would like the club to break the budget rules just once in order to acquire the right forward but is that the right path to take so early in the game?

We have had an almighty clear out since M.Duchatelet took over nine months ago and we are now above Brighton and Bournemouth in the table. Basically the number nine player we are looking for won't be cheap and we are scoring far more goals at this level without a Fuller/Hulse /Kermorgant.

Perhaps CAFC will loan someone or perhaps the squad will settle more and we have to wait until January. Once again, if CAFC is in the frame at Christmas they have said they will add to the squad. But if we are not then I don't think we should break our budget rules. Not when Liege and now CAFC has a track record of securing talented u23 players.

One of the most recent Bob Peeters quotes was that no one wanted to come to CAFC in the summer but maybe they do now - if we are close enough to the top six in January then there will be plenty of players interested in joining.
  • Options
    From RD's perspective, the budget rules/plan is working perfectly well - unbeaten thus far and well within financial limitations, and the performances have been for the most part decent if not spectacular. We'd have to go on a pretty extreme run of poor form before he'd take the chance of switching it up I would think.

Kermorgant is not the kind of player Charlton are interested in any more - regardless of ability he is probably too old for RD's purposes and a younger model would be preferred - for instance Dimacargo (I think) has been mentioned before and fits the same target man mold.
  • Options
    MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Isnt Di Camargo in his 30s too?
  • Options
    If you mean Di Camargo at Liege then he fits the bill. He is 31 but is already under contract at Liege until 2016. One theory is that the network might move players(if they agree) in January to clubs where they can add value. It's in a players interests and ours to help secure a place in the play-offs.
    But how will Liege fans respond to another decent player coming our way... and is that our concern? They are fourth in their league after selling a lot of players. We all know what we would think if one of our better players went on loan to another network club to help them out.
    Next January will be the first anniversary of the network being established and it will be interesting to see player movements between clubs as well as sales and purchases...Perhaps this is part of the plan and Alcorcun and CAFC receive a boost to help their challenges IF the management and squad is performing to plan.
  • Options

Isnt Di Camargo in his 30s too?

Yep, but in the network, so a quick and easy fix to provide a target man and money gets spent in January or over summer. RD is playing the long game here, Yann doesn't fit that plan, rightly or wrongly.
  • Options

We hear that they are running the club on budgets. YK and Chris o'grady contract requests were too high so they look abroad. The whole point of a younger player is not just that they are cheaper but they also have a resale value.

Clubs like Bournemouth and Brighton bought our players last January and put those players on longer term, higher paying deals.

The club (and network) clearly want Tucudean to work out - I wonder at what point they will look elsewhere. Many fans would like the club to break the budget rules just once in order to acquire the right forward but is that the right path to take so early in the game?

We have had an almighty clear out since M.Duchatelet took over nine months ago and we are now above Brighton and Bournemouth in the table. Basically the number nine player we are looking for won't be cheap and we are scoring far more goals at this level without a Fuller/Hulse /Kermorgant.

Perhaps CAFC will loan someone or perhaps the squad will settle more and we have to wait until January. Once again, if CAFC is in the frame at Christmas they have said they will add to the squad. But if we are not then I don't think we should break our budget rules. Not when Liege and now CAFC has a track record of securing talented u23 players.

One of the most recent Bob Peeters quotes was that no one wanted to come to CAFC in the summer but maybe they do now - if we are close enough to the top six in January then there will be plenty of players interested in joining.

And the award for stating the bleeding obvious goes to... ;-)

That was an interesting quote from Peeters - wonder if he had Reza or Delort in mind? - but it strikes me that we might be that one elusive forward link-man away from being close to the top six in January. A clever loan might make a world of difference, whether it's with a view to a permanent or not.
  • Options
    yann would improve us
    and lift the crowd
  • Options
    timken said:

yann would improve us
    and lift the crowd

He's not that strong surely, he's no Akinfenwa
  • Options
    When Yann left he went to sign a two and a half year deal at Bournemouth covering this season and next. There are two more transfer windows before the start of 2015-16 and I would suggest that our next number nine is more likely to be playing in Denmark, Netherlands or Belgium than the Championship. He is likely to be valued at c.€2m, aged around 21-23 and cost €3-4m. This is the type of player M.Duchatelet acquires... Vetokele was rated €1.25m by transfermarkt when we bought him and this has moved up to €2m. He is rumoured to have cost €3m
    Why would we return to ageing strikers susceptable to injury? Why pay 600k per annum to a player you can't sell?
    M.Duchatelet doesn't do desperate, he does precise. The fact that no loan players have arrived suggests to me that they want the new coach and players to bed down and deliver what they can.
    From a fans perspective I would love to see another couple of players to max our chances of keeping this run going. But it looks like they are keeping it lean and will only use emergency loans for emergencies! The longer this goes on the more serious professionals at all ages will be attracted to CAFC as they realise they will be developed rather than replaces by short term fixes. If Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Buyens speak highly of their experience then maybe that helps recruit some of their ex-team mates...I'm going off topic but I'm simply adding more reasons why Yann might not be invited back into the fold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suspect he's more likely to go to Huddersfield than Charlton.
  • Options
    Good call!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

timken said:

yann would improve us
    and lift the crowd

Akinfenwa. Job done
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

ross1 said:

timken said:

yann would improve us
    and lift the crowd

Akinfenwa. Job done
    Akinfenwa and Bikey ; We win the tug of war.

• Options
    Would have Yann back in our squad for one more season without a shadow of a doubt. Technical enough to partner Igor, strong and good in the air to compliment Igor's movement and pace.

Dont get people saying 'we're scoring goals so dont need him'. And what? More goals wouldn't be better? Weird way to look at things, that 7th highest scorers is good enough. Happy to give George his chance but he's not exactly under pressure in the squad is he?
  • Options
    Think John Pearson or Ronnie Moore would also be ideal
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also, If Yann had stayed then Powell might still be here so every cloud an all that.
  • Options
    Would love to have Yann back , but its not going to happen, so in the words of the removals company Matthew James , 'move on'
  • Options
    So, Many people on here say we don`t need another striker look at how many goals we have scored, More like look at how many points we have dropped because we can`t scored enough goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Mendonca still available?
  • Options
    Are we there yet dad??
  • Options
    Loved and worshiped Derek Hales. Could someone at the club make an inquiry as to his availability OR shall I just "move on"?
  • Options
    gazza said:

So, Many people on here say we don`t need another striker look at how many goals we have scored, More like look at how many points we have dropped because we can`t scored enough goals

Name them Gazza, name them.

Maybe Roland and Katrien, Everyone else can see it's patently obvious we need a hold up num 9 who would help Igor, plus the whole team if he does his job right.

In many ways it would be a younger more mobile version of Yann.
    mainly because over 30's are not on the radar, wages and no sell on. ( Roland's thinking: right or wrong ?)

• Options
    Can`t be bothered to go through the forum and find them all but I do remember a Pauline saying she had proved we don`t need another striker as we are scoring enough goals.
  • Options
    Look up Vetokele or Tucudean on transfermarkt and you will then see a plethora of strikers across Europe in "players like this one". They are valued €1.5-2.5m.
    Unless their contract is about to run down (like Gudmundsson) then I expect a club would have to pay double the transfermarkt valuation to secure their services.
    When you look at that list you will see players like Delort and Baheback.
    The club tried to buy someone in the last window but did not close a deal. Surely we can all wait another 12 games for the next window?
  • Options
    gazza said:

Can`t be bothered to go through the forum and find them all but I do remember a Pauline saying she had proved we don`t need another striker as we are scoring enough goals.

a woman? well she must be right then !

• Options
    edited October 2014

Look up Vetokele or Tucudean on transfermarkt and you will then see a plethora of strikers across Europe in "players like this one". They are valued €1.5-2.5m.
    Unless their contract is about to run down (like Gudmundsson) then I expect a club would have to pay double the transfermarkt valuation to secure their services.
    When you look at that list you will see players like Delort and Baheback.
    The club tried to buy someone in the last window but did not close a deal.
    Surely we can all wait another 12 games for the next window?

If the ambition is to finish 9 to 14 =Yes

If the ambition is to finish top 6 =No
  • Options
    I hear Andy Hunt is still without a club
  • Options

shirty5 said:

ross1 said:

timken said:

yann would improve us
    and lift the crowd

Akinfenwa. Job done
    Akinfenwa and Bikey ; We win the tug of war.

Soccer AM do a section called Bayo V Razor putting him and Ruddock up against each other, only seen 2 of them so far, they are all on YouTube but the two I saw was Tug of War and Arm Wrestling Bayo won both convincingly