Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy article on Fulham in ES tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps to rival the Hall of Fame we should establish a Charlton Hall of Hate - I'm sure Murphy would be one of the early contenders.
  • Options
    There would be no room in a 'hall of hate' for DM, it would be full of every person associated with millwall or palace:-)
  • Options
    Curbs was very astute when playing Murphy with the Russian geezer and with Kish and we did well for a while, up to forth I think. Murphy was playing well enough for an England recall but that never happened. That may have made him resentful for playing with little ol' Charlton. The thing about Murphy is that he was always a mercenary. I suppose most players are these days but we get to love players like Powell, Kins, Yann, and from the current team Cousins who give their all. As far as I am concerned Murphy can go and do one. He won't be getting a pint from me if I see him in a bar.
  • Options
    I am not sure why Murphy would go on about Blackpool and Fleetwood whilst commentating and opining during a Villa Chelsea match
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I am not sure why Murphy would go on about Blackpool and Fleetwood whilst commentating and opining during a Villa Chelsea match

He wouldn't be able to say much of any interest if he was opining and commentating on the big Fleetwood/Blackpool derby.
  • Options
    To paraphrase something I read on previous page but can't be bothered to quote, I am mystified as to how you have the insight to know what he would or wouldn't know about fleetwood Blackpool
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

To paraphrase something I read on previous page but can't be bothered to quote, I am mystified as to how you have the insight to know what he would or wouldn't know about fleetwood Blackpool

I don't have any insight at all. I am basing what I say on my experience of pundits generally, not scientific, but there you go.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    seth plum said:

MrOneLung said:

He wouldn't be able to say much of any interest if he was opining and commentating on the big Fleetwood/Blackpool derby.
    Danny Murphy is a Match of the Day pundit. As I don't expect a Premiership clash between Blackpool and Fleetwood anytime soon. I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Options

seth plum said:

MrOneLung said:

Danny Murphy is a Match of the Day pundit. As I don't expect a Premiership clash between Blackpool and Fleetwood anytime soon. I have no idea what you are talking about.
    I am talking about pundits generally, and talking about it on this thread because Danny Murphy (who is also to be heard on the wireless) was cited as a good pundit.
    I would rather have more football and no punditry, I don't need somebody to tell me what I can see for myself and waste valuable sport broadcasting time.
    Hope that helps.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

MrOneLung said:

I am talking about pundits generally, and talking about it on this thread because Danny Murphy (who is also to be heard on the wireless) was cited as a good pundit.
    I would rather have more football and no punditry, I don't need somebody to tell me what I can see for myself and waste valuable sport broadcasting time.
    Hope that helps.

wireless ? ..you could at least say radiogram !

• Options
    Wireless is a perfectly fine noun, in fact you could say it's the Cats Whiskers.