Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oh little piggy give us ur view?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well lets just hope we dont get a top 2 team in the FA cup cause then we're gonna look pretty stupid...
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Well lets just hope we dont get a top 2 team in the FA cup cause then we're gonna look pretty stupid...

Nah we should be alright, both Udders and Oxford have really got to go some to reach the top two in their respective divisions. :-)
  • Options
    Could have been worse, semedo could have played...
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Could have been a lot better (for City)... Had Llera played
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Could have been a lot better (for City)... Had Llera played
    If ever you need a reason to look on the bright side of life, that is it.
  • Options
    To be fair a couple of years back when our away fixture at Rochdale got postponed myself and @Rothko‌ decided as we already had train tickets to Manchester to go to the City V Bolton match. What struck us most is the size and fitness levels of the players. Way beyond what was the norm only five years or so before when we were in that division.
  • Options
    Little piggy knows it's only banter
  • Options
    I went last night and was sat with citeh right on the segregation, it was well amusing watching the wendies fans suffering lol
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I went last night and was sat with citeh right on the segregation, it was well amusing watching the wendies fans suffering lol

Must of been pretty special that? Hope you didn't have your clothes spoiled when the stewards started spraying disinfectant into the away support, can be quite dodgy with the spray back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must of been pretty special that? Hope your didn't have your clothes spoiled when the stewards started spraying disinfectant into the away support, can be quite dodgy with the spray back!
    You seem to be forgetting that it was in Manchester so they'd need to get home and away fans anyway.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Must of been pretty special that? Hope your didn't have your clothes spoiled when the stewards started spraying disinfectant into the away support, can be quite dodgy with the spray back!
    You seem to be forgetting that it was in Manchester so they'd need to get home and away fans anyway.

It was Man City though, I imagine most people in the home end arrived that afternoon from London.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    5200 Wednesday.

At least 1500 - 2000 Wednesday in the Man City end as well.
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.
    Yeah I was one of them, City fans have changed from the Maine Road days as well, just clapping as goals went in, weird atmosphere.

Oh well concentrate on the league now :)

• Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.
    Yeah I was one of them, City fans have changed from the Maine Road days as well, just clapping as goals went in, weird atmosphere.

A shame but the way the big clubs have been for years now and I hate to break it to you but Wednesday haven't been a big club for a couple of decades. So much so that to the new generation of the new powers (City & Chelsea etc.) you are as irrelevant as a Huddersfield or similar.
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

A shame but the way the big clubs have been for years now and I hate to break it to you but Wednesday haven't been a big club for a couple of decades. So much so that to the new generation of the new powers (City & Chelsea etc.) you are as irrelevant as a Huddersfield or similar.
    That's hardly breaking news pal.

We are what we are, a championship club that has a big fan base.

• Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

At least you got done 7-0 by a top side. A few of us are still traumatised by getting done 7-0 by Brighton in 1983!!
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

Only a few points off relegation but you should be ok
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

........and a point above us !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Think Bob should show our players the City v Wednesday game to the players tomorrow. They could make the video a bit like the drink awearness advert. The slogan can be "You wouldnt start a game like this so why end it like this".
  • Options

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

........and a point above us !
    Automatic promotion 0%... 3rd-6th 33%...7th-12th 67%...bottom half - no thanks
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

At least you got done 7-0 by a top side. A few of us are still traumatised by getting done 7-0 by Brighton in 1983!!
    Although Brighton had been a top flight side in 1983 (albeit they were not by the time they played us) and had played in the cup final that year.
  • Options
    Fair play OP. At least you got a decent payout at Citeh.
    Onwards and downwards eh?
  • Options

Simonsen said:

5200 Wednesday.

Poor sods.

Although Brighton had been a top flight side in 1983 (albeit they were not by the time they played us) and had played in the cup final that year.
    Agreed...but they didn't come close to getting promoted in 83-84 and had sold their two stars...Michael Robinson and Gary Stevens. We beat them pretty easily later that season 2-0.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be mocking this pretty decent away fan for his reserve team getting a hiding from a team that routinely hands these out to opposition in the same division. Pretty much the first team too!

If we had beaten one of our peers we may have gotten a game against someone capable of such football barbarity. Don't obsess over Sheffield Wednesday. It's wonky
  • Options
    If it's any consolation you got stuffed in the league cup by arguably the best team in the land.

I still shudder at the gutless league cup quarter final display Dowie's lot, although nominally under Les Reed, put in at home to Wycombe when we lost 1-0 in 2006. At the time we were in the Prem and they were fourth tier.

I don't normally believe in giving the players stick but never was a chorus of "You're not fit to wear the shirt" more deserved after that match. Diawara actually took his shirt off as he walked towards the tunnel.
  • Options
    For Piggy's benefit here are a bunch of the less-than-stellar teams who have dumped us out of various domestic cups in my recent memory:

Brentford (twice)
    Preston North End
    Shrewsbury Town
    Northwich Victoria
    Hereford Utd
    Sheffield Utd
    Yeovil Town
    Luton Town
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Gillingham
    Oxford Utd

After reading that list, honestly I'd give away a year's supply of vegetarian cheese and my favourite pencil case to watch us get humped at the Emptyhad if it meant we didn't lose to a single one of those teams again.
  • Options
    I've gotta say, that Norwich Vic game was probably my lowest point as a charlton fan, made 100 times worse by being on live TV...............
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

For Piggy's benefit here are a bunch of the less-than-stellar teams who have dumped us out of various domestic cups in my recent memory:

Brentford (twice)
    Preston North End
    Shrewsbury Town
    Northwich Victoria
    Hereford Utd
    Sheffield Utd
    Yeovil Town
    Luton Town
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Gillingham
    Oxford Utd

After reading that list, honestly I'd give away a year's supply of vegetarian cheese and my favourite pencil case to watch us get humped at the Emptyhad if it meant we didn't lose to a single one of those teams again.

You forgot Orient and Walsall.