Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tightfisted Premier League players

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Anyone see the Mirror today naming the club players who have given up a days wages to donate to Nurses.

Not one Charlton player have done it - most of the Reading and Fulham squads have done it no Chelsea and only one Arsenal (Theirry Henry)

Should be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_method=full&objectid=18921222&siteid=89520-name_page.htm

Comments

• Options
    The Charlton Players are doing something similar but to Demelza House instead.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Anyone see the Mirror today naming the club players who have given up a days wages to donate to Nurses.

Not one Charlton player have done it - most of the Reading and Fulham squads have done it no Chelsea and only one Arsenal (Theirry Henry)

Should be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_method=full%26objectid=18921222%26siteid=89520-name_page.htm[/quote]

why should they be ashamed of themselves ?...i'm not giving up my wages, are you ?
  • Options
    this is a problem for Nurses to take up with their employer, The Government. If we all gave a day's wages up for them the only people we'd be helping is the Government and the problem will still be there. I agree that Nurses deserve more pay but there must be other ways to achieve it than for others to give up pay whether dustmen or footballers.
  • Options
    Balls. Are you coughing up?

And why should people pay for something the nurses' employers, ie the government, should be paying for?
  • Options
    Yeah i take your point lads but come on this lot are on fantasy wages.

me giving up mine - if i could afford to do so I would -
  • Options
    On the subject of nurses anyone know why Scottish nurses are getting their pay rise 6 months before English nurses ?
  • Options
    i can think of 100 better causes to give my money to than student nurses to p1ss up the wall. They are learning a trade that will help them stay in employment for life. If their wages are poor, which is true, then people should be lobbying the government, not giving out handouts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]On the subject of nurses anyone know why Scottish nurses are getting their pay rise 6 months before English nurses ?

Probably the same reason they don't pay for prescriptions, don't pay uni fee's, get better tax credits whilst doing apprenticeships, have their own parliament.
  • Options
    Is this the same group of 'tight' Charlton Players that donated double the amount of money for the Tsunami fund than any other club???

The difference bing that one is political and one is charity. As a brand/club you have to be apolitical.
  • Options
    Charity should be anonymous. it's rubbish to have the names of players printed in a paper - it's got nothing to do with anyone else who donates to a given cause and who doesn't. people shouldn't have to justify what they do with their money, no matter how much they earn. everyone contributes to the ridiculous amounts of money floating around in football by paying high ticket prices, sky subscriptions etc,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    F*ck the nurses - I know I would!