Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former Sunday night callers on RTM

2»

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

Advertising pays....

I genuinely still sing that in the car to my very bemused kids!

"If you've got tax return......etc etc!"
    If you look at the photo you can see me taking it in the reflection in the window with the red van going past me, very professional! Used my new i-phone6, quality of the photo is pretty amazing isn't it?
  • Options
    I used to work in that building. Downstairs from Gary.
  • Options
    I only rang RTM once (very early 90's) to enter a competition for a copy of Richard Reddens Story of Charlton book & a signed programme from a world title boxing match and I won. Still got the book, but gave the boxing programme away..........
  • Options
    I only rang the show once because i did not want to interupt Vic, who loved the sound of his own voice.

That was to complain about nigel clarke's headline in the Daily Mirror: " Chris who"
    When Powell got his first call up for England.

Typical London centric view, if you weren't Arsenal,Spurs, West ham or Chelski.
    some of the jurnos in fleet street at that time, only got their jobs because of nepotism.

Nigel clarke was still on Janet and John book one when he left school at 15. (one for the teenagers)
  • Options
    Call the Drain Doctor... and I assume Large you are still not a fan of Depeche Mode - you missed my other five tunes.:)
  • Options
    Never called RTM, but did call Jonathon Pearce at Capital gold after Kim Grant scored a late goal against Wolves I think, at Selhurst.

I think that justified the club selling out to Capital. sorry Mark.
  • Options
    was that his debut goal? I remember going to school after that and telling everyone he was the nuts and we'd be back in Division 1 in no time........see, I'm not always right
  • Options
    not sure, don't think so. Think he was just breaking in and was going through a bit of a super sub stage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

not sure, don't think so. Think he was just breaking in and was going through a bit of a super sub stage.

Was his debut goal