Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Redundant-just been told

Come the end of the year.

Wahey!!!!!!!

Comments

• hopefully with a good pay off?
  • An y more to add? Is it a restructuring? Relocation?

What do you do - someone on here might be able to assist...look for the looking for staff looking for work thread
  • Wahey sounds happy, so have you got another job to go to .. in all my 5 redundancies I have never been able to benefit from the pay off, finding work before it ran out :-(
  • 5 ?

You're like the Black Death Kap !!
  • No other job to go to but getting a decent pay out and the missus has a good job. Will be looking in February.
  • Hope it works out as planned.
    First time it happened to me I got nothing as the company went bust and the taxman grabbed the lot :-(
    Second time, I ran out of payout just as I found a new job :-|
    Last time, though, I started a new job 2 weeks later so used the payout for house improvements :-)

• Don't waste the opportunity to change your life

This.

Good luck!
  • 5 ?

You're like the Black Death of no specific colour Kap !!

Lets be a little bit more politically correct here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Best thing that ever happened to me. I was made redundant 2 years ago. It took a while to realise what I really wanted to do with my life but it gives you the opportunity to stand back and think a bit. I set up my own business and it's been all good so far. (Touches wood)
  • I took it to do.the knowledge, since then a different opportunity came along and I am now running my own events logistics company and opening a warehouse at the end of October with business looking better than I could have dreamed of

Its all a gamble it could drop off and not work out

Take every aspect of life with a positive attitude and invest your time and money wisely

What looks good on paper soon goes

I started my business with zero debt only what I put in myself and for the first time it's starting to go past my investment and into a positive bank balance

The pressures of doing it are hard to deal with but building something from scratch and it working is very fulfilling

Don't waste the opportunity to change your life

How did the opportunity come along ?
  • I wanted redundancy but it never happened, so after selling up in London and moving down here I quit a fairly well paid job and found one working in a warehouse for a lovely company as said elsewhere sponsor my dogs by supplying their food and pay me 300 Quid a week! Half of my salary at my previous job....... As said by others sometimes the breaks are made for you and sometimes you have to take the breaks, personally I've never been happier.....
    Good luck in your new venture. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

I wanted redundancy but it never happened, so after selling up in London and moving down here I quit a fairly well paid job and found one working in a warehouse for a lovely company as said elsewhere sponsor my dogs by supplying their food and pay me 300 Quid a week! Half of my salary at my previous job....... As said by others sometimes the breaks are made for you and sometimes you have to take the breaks, personally I've never been happier.....

I thought I was one of the "clique". I read this and realise I am not at all.

I am heartbroken...

So -where's "here", and why does the warehouse give your dogs free food TCE? (Sorry must have missed previous info...).
  • T.C.E said:

I wanted redundancy but it never happened, so after selling up in London and moving down here I quit a fairly well paid job and found one working in a warehouse for a lovely company as said elsewhere sponsor my dogs by supplying their food and pay me 300 Quid a week! Half of my salary at my previous job....... As said by others sometimes the breaks are made for you and sometimes you have to take the breaks, personally I've never been happier.....

I thought I was one of the "clique". I read this and realise I am not at all.

I am heartbroken...

So -where's "here", and why does the warehouse give your dogs free food TCE? (Sorry must have missed previous info...).

Minster on sea is here........near Leysdown/Sheerness. ;)
    And they (my company) are involved with "Caring Hands" and "Demelza" I mentioned the Charlton/Demelza connection to my daughter (who also works there) she mentioned to the top man who invited me in for a chat and was very interested in Bailey's work with the Upbeats and the possibility of a visit to Caring Hands. Knowing that 40kgs of chicken breasts was approaching its use by date, he offered it to me I offered to pay which was refused. (something about tax) he then told me it would be a regular thing if thats what I wanted, who am I to refuse? ;) He then offered the procedes of the next Staff Sale to the Upbeats, I'm still waiting on that total between 300/500 quid is believed to be the figure.
  • I was in the industry had the knowledge and the cash to try it out Ce
  • It all started when I suggested to my colleagues, why not keep the home fans back, to allow 'Wall to get their trains

• I just leave every other page of my statement book blank so I can fill it out later at my leisure

• Sponsored links:

• You've been watching my accountamt addickted