Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Bob

2»

Comments

• Options
    I know it is relatively early days but I do think we have been lucky to get Big Bob especially as we were happy with Jose Riga.
    Seems like a sound decision by Mr Duchatelet.
    I agree with other posters about his passion for his team and us fans. To see him celebrating last night was amazing, he showed us all how much Charlton means to him (I hope!)
    Keep it going big man........

COYR......
  • Options
    I was waiting until we beat the scum before declaring man love for big bob but I don't know if I can fight it anymore......he's the man!!!
  • Options

We have a mid-table set up but because they have kept the squad so lean our first XI and first 18 is a top ten competitor. Our best players are a match for anyone but there is no depth and Bob is getting them up for it week in, week out.
    Bob has helped bring in Vetokele and others...tick
    He has kept it steady and not rotated / dropped players after Brentford and Huddersfield... Tick!
    Straight in there tonight and with Uwe... Tick!
    I trust he can sort it for next Saturday and then have a conversation with Meire and M.Duchatelet about the January window...I've posted this before but we have the youngest squad in the Championship and we will make it to 75 points at some point in the next 18 months if we hold it together and M.Duchatelet holds to the club pledge to strengthen if we are in a good place in January.
    We all know that the back five is solid and has cover, but we need quality and depth up front to win games and win fans back. Posted views on loans elsewhere...looking forward to more European players arriving in January, perhaps they've played with/for Bob before?

Burnley managed to get promoted with a paper thin squad
    True, but they had two goal scoring forward in Ings and Vokes, who are both injured now, hence why they are struggling big time.

• Options

We have a mid-table set up but because they have kept the squad so lean our first XI and first 18 is a top ten competitor. Our best players are a match for anyone but there is no depth and Bob is getting them up for it week in, week out.
    Bob has helped bring in Vetokele and others...tick
    He has kept it steady and not rotated / dropped players after Brentford and Huddersfield... Tick!
    Straight in there tonight and with Uwe... Tick!
    I trust he can sort it for next Saturday and then have a conversation with Meire and M.Duchatelet about the January window...I've posted this before but we have the youngest squad in the Championship and we will make it to 75 points at some point in the next 18 months if we hold it together and M.Duchatelet holds to the club pledge to strengthen if we are in a good place in January.
    We all know that the back five is solid and has cover, but we need quality and depth up front to win games and win fans back. Posted views on loans elsewhere...looking forward to more European players arriving in January, perhaps they've played with/for Bob before?

Burnley managed to get promoted with a paper thin squad
    True, but they had two goal scoring forward in Ings and Vokes, who are both injured now, hence why they are struggling big time.

Ings and Vokes may be injured, but they do have Super Sordell
  • Options
    I wonder is anyone making a note of his aftermatch quotes?
    My favourite after last nights game is ‘You don’t see him picking on Andre Bikey,’ said Peeters afterwards, referring to his defender who is built like a rugby prop forward. ‘They pick on the little one.’
    A book of quotes would make a nice little stocking filler for Xmas
  • Options
    RD desserves massive credit for picking Riga and now Bob. I can't fault Bob attitude and the players look like they have really responded to his style
  • Options
    Roly, get this man signed to a five year contract now!!!!
  • Options
    Watch "Big Bob at the Palladium" on YouTube
    Big Bob at the Palladium: http://youtu.be/C3ecFvva_Mk
  • Options
    just seen the highlights of last nights game, loved the way BP reacted when the new boy was getting picked on, he could have sorted them all out!