Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Waldron

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Fair play to this bloke - i doff my cap. But seeing as the coaches were going to be free anyway, couldn't he have just got in one massive round in that pub near the away end beore the game?
;o)

From the bulletin:

Fans cash in on fan's generosity

It's being billed as the Charlton away match that no fan can afford to miss - and one Addicks supporter is so keen to play his part in helping the club avoid relegation he has donated a five-figure sum to the Operation Ewood cause despite being unable to watch the match himself.

After witnessing the Charlton board's benevolence in laying on free coaches and subsidised air transport to the match against Blackburn Rovers at the end of the month, Michael Waldron has generously agreed to make a contribution himself.

And that means the Central London-based Addicks fan will pay for the coaches that will ferry his fellow supporters from Liverpool airport to Ewood Park and back.

"I believe we need all the help we can get to stay up and, as I'm in a position to help, I'm happy to provide some financial assistance," said modest Michael.

Comments

• Options
    That is a really top gesture of the bloke.
  • Options
    Top man.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    oops
  • Options
    If he was that modest he'd have done it on the QT like I have in the past......
  • Options
    agreed DJ, when i donated the funds to bring Di Canio over, it was done on the strict provision i would get no publicity....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agreed DJ, when i donated the funds to bring Di Canio over, it was done on the strict provision i would get no publicity....[/quote]

very wise given that the internet makes it a simple task these days for everybody to get an address and telephone number if you've got the basics, such as the details the club has put out for all to read...imagine if you'd put the dough up for say traore this season...
  • Options
    michael whats your surname? :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]michael whats your surname? :-)[/quote]

'mud' if i ever said to my wife i'd like to pay for a load of fans to take a free coach ride to a match...fair play to the guy though...and that reminds me, that bleeding message from pardew thanking me for renewing my season ticket...the one at work i didn't mind but the one that went on to my answering machine at home was bleeding expensive...mrs ltgtr heard it and apart from the 'its a bit naff' comment i could see her brain ticking over saying 'new shoes, new top, etc'...women dont need an excuse to go out and buy these things but when they find one they latch onto it...i just know that phonecall is going to cost me...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agreed DJ, when i donated the funds to bring Di Canio over, it was done on the strict provision i would get no publicity....[/quote]

You paid for Di Canio's travel from West Ham to SE7? Did he use an off-peak or a peak times treavel card?
  • Options
    Free bus pass.

He was already old enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agreed DJ, when i donated the funds to bring Di Canio over, it was done on the strict provision i would get no publicity....

You paid for Di Canio's travel from West Ham to SE7? Did he use an off-peak or a peak times treavel card?

What AFKA meant was he gave him a legover the barriers ;)