Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injured or Not Injured

I noticed no one has mentioned this today, but it has been in all the papers and there was a big debate about it on Talksport last night

with Brendon Rodgers saying Sturridge is not fit enough to play for England next week But might be playing for Liverpool on Saturday,

IMO if he plays for Liverpool he is surely fit enough, plus surely his match fitness improves if he plays for England for 45 minutes or so, plus its only San Marino so it should not take much out of him,

and also IMO if Hodgson leaves Sturridge out how long until, Wenger says the same about Wilshire and Van Gaal says the same about Rooney to protect their best players.

what is everyone else view on this

Comments

• Options
    Totally indifferent, really don't care.
  • Options
    Hardly new, managers have been trying to get their players out of international games for as long as i can remember, i think it is wrong but i do believe international friendlies should be scrapped other then for the nations hosting the next tournament.
  • Options
    I agree Paulie, if he's fit enough to play for his club, he is fit enough to play for his country.

• Options
    Manager trying to get his player out of England duty as per.

Can see where he's coming from because the first England game is only on Thursday. Some players coming back from injury probably aren't worth the risk to play twice in quick succession. May be worth resting him for the first game and then playing him in the second.

Rodgers is probably just sulking because Sturridge picked up the injury on England duty last time.