Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday night games

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Go on the Chelsea, can't believe i'm saying it.

Is it right Watford can be relegated tonight ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Is it right Watford can be relegated tonight ?

according to bbc, they can't be relegated tonight but could be after the weekend.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Go on the Chelsea, can't believe i'm saying it.

Is it right Watford can be relegated tonight ?[/quote]

No they have four games after tonight, so they can pick up a max of 12 points, taking them from 23 to 35 points (assuming they lose tonight).
  • Options
    West Ham make three changes, with Matthew Etherington dropped and Lee Bowyer and Anton Ferdinand injured. Luis Boa Morte, Yossi Benayoun and Jonathan Spector start instead.

Chelsea make five changes. Andriy Shevchenko is sidelined by injury, while Ashley Cole, Michael Ballack, Claude Makelele, and Joe Cole are rested. Mikel Jon Obi, Wayne Bridge, Salomon Kalou, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Lassana Diarra replace them.
  • Options
    I so hope Chelsea teach them claret and blue mugs from East London a lesson tonight. Send them back to the Championship where they belong.
  • Options
    1954: The opera dude finishes his set with a 'stirring' rendition of 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles' - a selection of older ladies are loving it, the more youthful among them are less impressed, judging by the gestures.
  • Options
    In other news...David Dein has left Arsenal with immediate effect because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6569561.stm

Thanks for bring Sven Goran Clueless to England Dave...
  • Options
    2007: GOAL Blackburn 1-0 Watford
    It merely delayed the first goal of the night, though, as Christopher Samba rises at the back post to nod home unmarked David Bentley's corner and Watford are already behind.

2011: GOAL Blackburn 2-0 Watford
    Oh dear, it's a woeful start from the Hornets. Jason Roberts it is this time as he strolls through on goal and slots it calmly past Ben Foster in the Watford goal.
  • Options
    strange about Dein.

Lets hope Blackburn carry this on against Fulham on Saturday.

not too impressed with those Chelsea changes...
  • Options
    Chelsea will do what Chelsea do
  • Options
    Dein probably did not want to sell the club to some foreign billionaires..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading something into the Dein situation...most of the shares in Arsenal are owned by a few people, none of whom seem to want to sell. American billionaire Stan Kroenke bought a 9.9% stake in the club recently, but that belonged to ITV, my guess is that he put an offer on the table for the rest, Dein supported it, the rest didn't and so he's left, the "irreconcilable differences" being that the rest of the board don't trust him, as opposed to the rest of the football industry not trusting him.
  • Options
    2022: GOAL Blackburn 2-1 Watford
    : Hold the phone - Watford might not be dead and buried here. Hameur Bouazza crosses and Douglas Rinaldi heads home at the back post with aplomb.
  • Options
    Chelsea 1 up, SWP
  • Options
    what a great goal !!

thank you SWP !
  • Options
    I think you'll find his second was somewhat better lol
  • Options
    2035: GOAL West Ham 1-1 Chelsea
    Cometh the hour, cometh the man - the Hammers are right back on terms. He's the fans' favourite without mistake and Carlos Tevez brings the Hammers level with a stunning 25-yarder, though Petr Cech will wonder how he missed it to be fair.
  • Options
    2-1 SHAUNY WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!
  • Options
    2039: GOAL West Ham 1-2 Chelsea
    You can't take your eyes off it at Upton Park - fine work by Wayne Bridge down the left and his pinpoint cross is volleyed home quite brilliantly by Shaun Wright-Phillips at the near post.
  • Options
    3-1 to Chelsea, Kalou, and that is game over
  • Options
    2114: GOAL West Ham 1-3 Chelsea
    And it costs West Ham dear as Chelsea counter, Frank Lampard crosses and after keeper Rob Green brilliantly denies Didier Drogba, Saloman Kalou taps in from all of three inches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2125: GOAL West Ham 1-4 Chelsea
    Who says Chelsea cannot play fantastic football? A lovely move ends with Frank Lampard feeding Didier Drogba, who clips the ball past James Collins' diving tackle and slide home easily. The Blues are rampant and Manchester United are looking over their shoulder again.
  • Options
    4-1 Chelsea.... West Ham's GD is now 9 worse than ours....
  • Options
    West Ham's GD is now 9 worse than ours....

ten worse...they are minus 31 and we are "only" minus 21.
  • Options
    Oops, Sky Sports 'Live' table clearly isn't as live as I thought... ;-)
  • Options
    Soul destroying defeat as well
  • Options
    2127: Owner Eggert Magnusson adopts his trademark pose in the stands - head slumped in hands while seated - henceforce called 'The Eggert' pose, as a selection of Hammers fans decide it is home time.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Promising - it has been a big fear that we haul ourselves past someone only for West Ham to come past us and stick us back to 18th. I don't see that happening now.

If we overhaul one team above then we stay up.

And I think that team is most likely to be Fulham - remember SHeffU have Wigan and Watford to come at home.
  • Options
    The mistake they made was replacing the Icelandic opera singer with the hammerets during the half-time interval - not so happy clappy in the second half ! Carlton Cole coming on now, so Curbs obviously has little interest in reducing the defecit.
  • Options
    I wonder if he will take COle off in ten minutes :-)
  • Options
    West Ham's last four matches are Everton (H), Wigan (A), Bolton (H) and then Man U (A).

For safety they need to win three of those, which ain't gonna happen.