Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train ticket prices

Maybe people on here may know, just wondering why train ticket prices have dramatically risen for Kent -> Sheffield and vice versa.

With a 16-25 railcard, I got two singles from Strood to Sheffield for the Huddersfield away match for around £17 to £19 each.

With the same railcard, a single from Sheffield back to Strood on the 20th December is £56!

Can't find anything about a rise in London - Sheffield train ticket prices anywhere, seems completely unwarranted. Anybody know why this rise has suddenly happened?

Comments

• Weekend before Christmas the trains will be packed so no need to offer cheap tickets.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Weekend before Christmas the trains will be packed so no need to offer cheap tickets.

I've looked for a single for the same journey in mid-November and they're £56 then as well. I don't remember it being that much two years ago, mental.

• Ooooo another train thread.
  • There are trains on Sat 22, 29 November & 6 December with full adult fares for £25 single.
  • I do the London to Sheffield route most weekends, using a 16-25 always around £40, even if you book pretty late