Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EE and other networks

Had 4 calls with EE this week about my upgrade, after hours upon hours on hold I spoke to one of there employers and they offered me a new deal for the iphone 6 after being with them for 4 years and them inflating the price of my contract on previous contracts. I've also got my dad's pay monthly sim on top of my contract and was looking to add my step mums too, they then said the deal will be available in store and they will save it to the system. Went to the store twice, the system had no history of my call and I had to ring them up today. They said that I was lying about my offered deal and they would not honour it. I've told them I will now leave with all contracts and find a competitor.

In the end, has anyone had bad service like this before where you are accused of lying and they will not honour a deal? They even said that they only record 6% of calls.

Thinking about going to Vodafone as they have a few good deals at the moment, has anyone used them as well recently?

Comments

• Options
    EE are the best though.
  • Options
    I find their customer service really frustrating. Getting to talk to someone is hard work, they only really like people doing things on line. They are probably no worse than others though who have all cut their margins and therefore staff to the bone to be competitive.
  • Options
    I think the best option may be buy an iphone outright, try a pay monthly sim with competitors and look for the best one. Paste myself money in he long run, I think after searching the internet, every network is awful for service in the current day. If only there was one what helped there customers.
  • Options
    Can't go wrong with EE . Without a doubt the best coverage in the UK and the 4G is fantastic. ( no i don't work for them ).
    What i would say though is don't go for the IPhone . Go for the Sony Experia Z3 . makes the IPhone look like something from Fisher Price.
  • Options
    Bucket shop experience with EE , I tried to buy a dongle over the internet with them , they sent an email saying call them hung on for 20 mins and then cut myself off because they were calling me and I missed that call where they left a message and I had to call back again
    eventually getting through to them they said they'd send dongle .... they sent a crap dongle not the 4G dongle that i wanted but didn't charge a week later
    i then went to a shop at Lakeside Thurrock (i think they have 3 there) and explained i wanted a dongle etc the guy said we're out of stock but may be able to order some in ....i said i need it now, he then said oh try another one of our stores here all of 1 minutes walk
    got to store arranged dongle on a pay as you go , so they did a credit check and said sorry don't know reason why but you can't have one ... i said i'll pay up front now on card for a year but no good
    i cut my losses and was done with it

i just switched my wifes phone over to o2 cos her service and reception with vodafone was proper pony (we're in Epping Forest) went in to Bluewater and all done in a day she got a new iphone6 upfront cost £129.99 and then 24 months of £20 per month (for phone = total £609.99 for 16GB one) + £18 per month Tariff
  • Options

Bucket shop experience with EE , I tried to buy a dongle over the internet with them , they sent an email saying call them hung on for 20 mins and then cut myself off because they were calling me and I missed that call where they left a message and I had to call back again
    eventually getting through to them they said they'd send dongle .... they sent a crap dongle not the 4G dongle that i wanted but didn't charge a week later
    i then went to a shop at Lakeside Thurrock (i think they have 3 there) and explained i wanted a dongle etc the guy said we're out of stock but may be able to order some in ....i said i need it now, he then said oh try another one of our stores here all of 1 minutes walk
    got to store arranged dongle on a pay as you go , so they did a credit check and said sorry don't know reason why but you can't have one ... i said i'll pay up front now on card for a year but no good

i just switched my wifes phone over to o2 cos her service and reception with vodafone was proper pony (we're in Epping Forest) went in to Bluewater and all done in a day she got a new iphone6 upfront cost £129.99 and then 24 months of £20 per month (for phone = total £609.99 for 16GB one) + £18 per month Tariff

Could you tell me what this deal includes? May look in to going in there tonight and hope I get the same one.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I've got the HTC One M8 with EE. Decent coverage and love the phone but the customer service is pants. Can't hear or understand a word they say as its actually like having two cups on the end of some string that runs all the way to New Delhi. I understand they are bringing their customer services back to the UK because of this though, so hopefully it will improve
  • Options
    Was with Orange for about 14 years. Really good all the way through until they merged with T-Mobile to create EE - customer service dismal and I found that my reception deteriorated significantly (despite EE claiming I'd be benefitting from the former Orange and T-Mobile networks.

With Tesco Mobile (effectively O2) now. No complaints so far.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Was with Orange for about 14 years. Really good all the way through until they merged with T-Mobile to create EE - customer service dismal and I found that my reception deteriorated significantly (despite EE claiming I'd be benefitting from the former Orange and T-Mobile networks.

With Tesco Mobile (effectively O2) now. No complaints so far.

Ive heard exactly the same thing from others about Tesco mobile, I think that's one on the rise.
  • Options
    Try Giffgaff a no frills from 02, great prices and reliable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone got recent history with Vodafone? Just weighing up options with who to go with. Looks like GiffGaff or Tesco may be the outright winners with being smaller mobile consumers they give better service.
  • Options
    I'm with Vodafone and they're fine. Customer service cane a nightmare to reach though.
  • Options
    I'll never leave Three. Only network that offers truly unlimited data
  • Options
    EE are terrible. Seem to have endless problems since they switched me from orange! And to top it off they let someone take out 4 additional lines on my contract then didn't let me know this the bill was over £1500!
  • Options

Could you tell me what this deal includes? May look in to going in there tonight and hope I get the same one.
    I don't understand what it means but this was what was on the paperwork

"Tariff:2017 O2 unltd 24M 2gGB GBP18 S2"

Sorry I haven't a clue but there is some CL member who works for o2 who may understand what that contract involves
  • Options

Aren't they still stuck on 3G and trying to cover up by saying they're on an enhanced version?...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Can't argue with this. EE's coverage seems to have deteriorated and the call forwarding option on iPhone did not work for about a year (an EE problem apparently). Calling the helpline was very stressful if you didn't speak technogeek, which I don't! They don't understand that all some of us want is a phone that works and not everyone is interested in how or why....

I'm sorry to be crude but I had an overwhelming urge to yell "FUCK OFF" down the line and switch to Vodaphone or anyone.

• Options
    I don't think it matters that much who you're with. I've swapped providers a number of times over the years because none of them provide actual customer service.
    I honestly don't think any of them are any different. It's a thing that really pisses me off that these companies make signing up for their service or upgrading an absolute piece of piss - direct line through, answered quickly, knowledgeable staff etc - but as soon as there's a problem, or you want to leave, or ask a question, or anything at all that doesn't involve them taking more of your hard-earned, they make the process so difficult that you have to hire a private detective to find the right phone number, then there's a 30, 40, 50 minute wait on hold, eventually you get some doofus on the line who doesn't understand what the problem is and apparently has no authority to do anything you request, sometimes you get cut off, if you DO eventually get through to a 'supervisor' they argue the toss with you....and so it goes on.
    It MUST be beneficial to a company to make problem resolution a POSITIVE experience. I'd stay with a provider indefinitely if they looked after me properly. Unfortunately, none of these clowns do it.

(Apologies for rant - I might post this on General things that annoy you too!)
  • Options

Aren't they still stuck on 3G and trying to cover up by saying they're on an enhanced version?...
    The Unlimited Data deal from 3 was for 3G only - if you want the faster 4G then you go back to a capped plan.
  • Options
    Customer service is the key differentiator for me in any company. I'm still punishing Orange (15 years), Tesco (13 years) and NatWest (27 years) and refuse to use them. NTL were another one, not sure if I'm going to carry it over to Virgin Media.

Even then, one thing to get bad service - quite another to call you a liar. I'd be all over social media spreading the anti gospel if it was me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

Customer service is the key differentiator for me in any company. I'm still punishing Orange (15 years), Tesco (13 years) and NatWest (27 years) and refuse to use them. NTL were another one, not sure if I'm going to carry it over to Virgin Media.

Even then, one thing to get bad service - quite another to call you a liar. I'd be all over social media spreading the anti gospel if it was me.

Virgin Media bought the NTL cable network - so same network but different customer service.
  • Options
    Tesco for me. And if u r getting one for kids you can cap the bill and other 'parent" things that are needed. Which magazine choice of provider and they get most things spot on.
  • Options
    Network three all the way phone bills never go up and 4G signal brilliant when I'm. Down for home matches
  • Options
    So in the end I have gone and bought an iPhone 6 outright on finance with Apple. I paid £120 upfront (by choice) and now pay £23 a month for £24 months, I'm then going to get a sim only deal so if I ever felt I didn't get the right service from a company I can switch. Going with Three first of all, £15 a month including unlimited internet of what I went in store and 4G is included in that. So I'm saving myself £10 a month so far :) I think that's the future, no longer being tied down with a network to decide when they want to increase your contract.
  • Options
    May I also add that's the 64GB version of the iPhone.
  • Options

I don't understand what it means but this was what was on the paperwork

"Tariff:2017 O2 unltd 24M 2gGB GBP18 S2"

Sorry I haven't a clue but there is some CL member who works for o2 who may understand what that contract involves
    looks like 24 month contract, Unlimited minutes + texts, 2GB of data, for 18 quid