Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Was Your Friday?

So, I am on the 05.55 train from Norwich to London Liverpool Street (Quiet Zone - see 'General Things That Annoy You' thread). As the train on the platform next to ours pulled out of the station we got the announcement 'good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is the 05.55 service to London Liverpool Street'. As the guard completed his sentence, a young fella got up and said 'oh for f*cks sake' as he picked up his bag and left the train. The train that had just left the platform next door was heading for Liverpool Lime Street!

Anyway, got to London and headed to where I was working for the morning, delivering some training. As I do so I always try to tenuously link my love of Charlton into the presentation I am facilitating; I just see it as free publicity! So, as usual I managed to do such on this occasion, always trying to keep the whole thing in context. It got its usual response, some humour, some general confusion, but whatever, I got it in there! At the end, a lovely lady came up to me and said "you support Charlton then"? "Yes" I said, "Do you"? To which she replied "yes and my son plays for them, Morgan Fox"!! Happy days.

On the way back to Liverpool Street I had a look at the poppies at Tower of London before having a pint and getting the train back. (See 'General Things That Annoy You' thread!)