Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Belgium V Andorra stats

Just seen this how was it only 6-0, with 44 shots it should of been a lot more

the other thing that stuck out was the Yellow card to fouls Committed ratio

Comments

• Options
    Belgium really disappointed me at the World Cup. Not great to watch and not as good as the pre-tournament hype made them out to be.
  • Options
    Depends if they were proper shots or Church-esque ones.

Think it was west brom that managed to beat man city one year without a single effort at goal.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Talal said:

Depends if they were proper shots or Church-esque ones.

Think it was west brom that managed to beat man city one year without a single effort at goal.

Either way an effort every 120 seconds is pretty crazy !
  • Options

Is there nothing you don't deem not worthy of a new thread?

I could not exactly put this is the player stats thread could I

starting to get f******g pissed off now, its a f******g football forum, I am making a thread about a football match f*****g grow up and stop making the same stupid comments, I you dont like it DONT F******G OPEN IT
    U Wot M8?
  • Options

starting to get f******g pissed off now, its a f******g football forum, I am making a thread about a football match f*****g grow up and stop making the same stupid comments, I you dont like it DONT F******G OPEN IT
    you're my hero
  • Options
    In all seriousness does anyone know Paulie in person and is he 1) an adult or 2) stable. Because if he's not then maybe the piss taking isn't fair. I'm not saying he doesn't bring it on himself, but if there's a reason for it then it's probably not appropriate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have a day off Pauline.
  • Options
    Now, now. Maybe some of you are missing the maestro. This is a straight cut and paste from the Wyn Grant blog comments on Bob Peeters' manager of the month nomination:

jonathan acworth said...

oh god no don't want that anywhere near our team its a jinx on England last night what a dull game roy should go as that was really bad against sheep and goat herders should have thrashed them by at least 8 or 9 hes the wrong man for the job I want a winner in charge not a dull yes man to the hopeless fa sos jose mouriniho I would love him to be in charge of England hes a born winner and that's what England need somelike a clough figure who can tell the fa go do one in his own way jose would tell them plain and simple I pick the team not u if rooney not good enough he should be picked simple.

10 October 2014 07:49
  • Options

I'm going to help you out here for future reference Paulie. You'll find that its "should've" not "should of"
  • Options
    What was the crowd ?
  • Options

It's pretty clear Andorra were allowing Belgium to have as much possession as possible and then try to catch Belgium on the counter attack when the legs tire.
  • Options
    In fairness this touches on one of my own pet subjects...that of pre-qualification before you get to this stage. Yet again we are seeing teams like Andorra, San Marino and now Gibraltar battered. Those three teams have conceded 18 goals between them this weekend so far.

I get all the arguments that it gives their players a chance to play at Wembley, etc but ultimately remain unconvinced that this is in any way helpful to the long term development of the game in these countries.
  • Options
    Up until recently I was of the opinion that the current system was correct and that all teams should have the chance to start on equal footing, whether it be Germany or Gibaltar.

However, with the increase of teams in the final tournament from 16 to 24, it has made most of the groups a formality.

It would be more productive if there were 10-16 teams that were absolute certainties for the final tournament (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, England etc) who didn't have to go through the qualification stage. The remaining countries do the regular qualifying process which keeps all of the games relatively competitive.
  • Options

Good way to bolster those likes and lols Paulie!
  • Options

Stop taking everything so personally. People are joking!!! We like your threads, if we didn't you'd get zero replies. Calm down, relax and keep posting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014

Stop taking everything so personally. People are joking!!! We like your threads, if we didn't you'd get zero replies. Calm down, relax and keep posting!
    We do ??
  • Options

We do ??
    Of course we do! What's not to like?

;o)
  • Options

We do ??
    Of course we do! What's not to like?

;o)
    Oh well, for some people, its quantity rather than quality i suppose.
  • Options
    Ignore them Paulie.
  • Options

In fairness this touches on one of my own pet subjects...that of pre-qualification before you get to this stage. Yet again we are seeing teams like Andorra, San Marino and now Gibraltar battered. Those three teams have conceded 18 goals between them this weekend so far.

I get all the arguments that it gives their players a chance to play at Wembley, etc but ultimately remain unconvinced that this is in any way helpful to the long term development of the game in these countries.

Its helpful because 1 game against England probably raises more money for their FA than 10 games against fellow small nations. Money that can be spent on the pitch, training facilities, travel, setting up a league system etc. Which gives them the chance to eventually have pro players on their team.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Up until recently I was of the opinion that the current system was correct and that all teams should have the chance to start on equal footing, whether it be Germany or Gibaltar.

However, with the increase of teams in the final tournament from 16 to 24, it has made most of the groups a formality.

It would be more productive if there were 10-16 teams that were absolute certainties for the final tournament (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, England etc) who didn't have to go through the qualification stage. The remaining countries do the regular qualifying process which keeps all of the games relatively competitive.

Dangerous route to take IMHO Tom.

I know the FA cup does it to a certain extent, but giving teams/nations the divine right to appear at the top table regardless is just a step too far for me. Although the new format is heavily weighted towards that very scenario in the Euros, at least there should be an element of competition, and as others have said the income is vital for those smaller nations.
  • Options

cafctom said:

I know the FA cup does it to a certain extent, but giving teams/nations the divine right to appear at the top table regardless is just a step too far for me. Although the new format is heavily weighted towards that very scenario in the Euros, at least there should be an element of competition, and as others have said the income is vital for those smaller nations.
    Well it wouldn't be a divine right if the 'byes' were determined based on something like the FIFA rankings (though I realize that in itself isn't a perfect system).

Is the money for those smaller countries actually changing anything though? San Marino and Luxembourg will almost certainly get rolled over in 99% of the games they play regardless of wealth.

I did read about a year back that there is a 'League of Nations' concept being brought about in Europe in a few years time which might help us make the qualification situation a bit more practical without excluding anyone hopefully.
  • Options
    Bad hair day?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Well it wouldn't be a divine right if the 'byes' were determined based on something like the FIFA rankings (though I realize that in itself isn't a perfect system).

Is the money for those smaller countries actually changing anything though? San Marino and Luxembourg will almost certainly get rolled over in 99% of the games they play regardless of wealth.

I did read about a year back that there is a 'League of Nations' concept being brought about in Europe in a few years time which might help us make the qualification situation a bit more practical without excluding anyone hopefully.
    Top 8 from previous Euros get byes on qualification perhaps? It's difficult but I agree, with 2-3 teams qualifying from each group, it's a bit of a pointless exercise for the top teams.