Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double Dutch

Holland losing 2 of their first 3 qualifying games are they going to get to finals? What other big names do you think will also miss out?

Comments

• Options
    None of them thanks to the new qualifying system.
  • Options
    Agree with Callum. Not a chance of Holland missing out with the new format. I even expect one or two of Wales, Scotland and Ireland to get through such is the watered down qualifying system.
  • Options
    England
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Italy
    Germany
    Russia
    Holland
    Belgium
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Serbia
    Switzerland
    Iceland
    Greece
    Ukraine
    Poland
    Norway
    Ireland
    Scotland
    Bosnia
    Montenegro
    Czech Republic
    Israel

No idea if these 24 can actually all qualify, but that's what I imagine what the 24 will look like
  • Options
    I think Ireland or Scotland will qualify.
  • Options
    Well. the bloated format doesn't favour the underdog, but I now expect the Czechs to top the group. New coach Pavel Vrba (ex Viktoria Plzen) has completely re-energised them. They are not as blessed with talent as past Czech teams but he has created a team which is more than the sum of the parts. That was a typical Viktoria-style swashbuckling 4-2 away win in Kazakhstan. So its up to Iceland and Turkey to push Holland aside. Unfortunately it seems Turkey are underachieving again.
  • Options
    Don't forget Northern Ireland!
  • Options
    Thought this was about skipping ....
  • Options

I think Ireland or Scotland will qualify.

Going to be tough for them seeing that Poland beat the Germans... I reckon those two will qualify along with the Irish.

Reckon for Euro 2020 you'll get all the Home Nations qualifying depending on Qualifying draws
  • Options
    RVP and Huntelaar blanked each other when they scored the other night against Kazakhstan,
    Huntelaar had come on as sub and RVP could have squared to him early on but took a shot (which he had every right to ) that missed and Huntelaar had a go at him and RVP responded with fingers and thumb doing the mouthing off impression to Huntelaar

they love a bit of strife in the dutch camp
  • Options
    i found myself for the first time ever wanting Wales to win (disgusting) last night , the Cypriots were filth and i felt sorry for the Church man going off injured after just 47 seconds , poor fella , looked a pretty innocuous tumble but he dislocated his shoulder but thankfully being made of sponge they put it back in place easy enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well. the bloated format doesn't favour the underdog, but I now expect the Czechs to top the group. New coach Pavel Vrba (ex Viktoria Plzen) has completely re-energised them. They are not as blessed with talent as past Czech teams but he has created a team which is more than the sum of the parts. That was a typical Viktoria-style swashbuckling 4-2 away win in Kazakhstan. So its up to Iceland and Turkey to push Holland aside. Unfortunately it seems Turkey are underachieving again.

Good to hear. I thought the 2004 Czech team was the best national side in Europe.
  • Options

Good to hear. I thought the 2004 Czech team was the best national side in Europe.
    I had that win in Turkey on a treble that came in so hats off to them!
  • Options

It's a fascinating case. 2-3 years ago when Viktoria were taking Europe by storm (relatively), the Czech national team were in decline. But despite the fact that nearly all Viktorka's team were Czechs, previous national coaches relied on the "best" Czech players from round Europe. Vrba has started playing Viktorka players who previously didn't get a look in. The most cohesive club team the country has seen since I have been here now provides the backbone for the national team (led by its former coach). It's an obvious strategy to try, but relatively few countries can try it, because most top club teams are full of foreigners (including the old Liverpool, with so many non English Brits). I really hope this continues to work, since they are also playing the Viktorka style and attitude, based on attack home and away, wing backs whose attacking duties are as important as defensive, no respect for illustrious opposition.

They'll probably lose to Iceland now...
  • Options
    Told you not to forget Northern Ireland! Three wins out of three now.
  • Options

Told you not to forget Northern Ireland! Three wins out of three now.

2 away from home as well.

Already 5 ahead of 3rd with a good record at home.