Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mourinho and Peacock

MCSMCS
edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I was watching sky sports news last night so i could see the goals, and i saw that at the end of the game Jose gave curbs the normal quick no eye contact handshake, then go up to Our Keithy and totally embrace him, and for ages too! How could they be good mates, as it looked like they were very close.

Peacocks a charlton legend

Comments

• Options
    yeah, they were looking to each others eyes and everything weren't they! proper intense stuff, but mouriniho and peacock looked very fond of each other!
  • Options
    I saw that and thought that was well weird, then PBS suggested it may be something to do with gavin peacock. Does he do anything for chelsea behind the scenes?
  • Options
    Might go back to the Costa deal. I think Keithy went out there and negotiated that.
  • Options
    i thought yeah Gavin too, but then thought well keith dont nowt for chelski! Gawd knows!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Might go back to the Costa deal. I think Keithy went out there and negotiated that.

there you go
  • Options
    I don't think Mourinho was at Porto when we signed Costa, Mourinho replaced the manager who Costa hated and refused to play for, Costa came to us on-loan as a consequence and returned at the end of the season to Porto when Jose was appointed. I'm sure there's a link with Costa though.
  • Options
    I assume that mourinho was there by the time jorge was due to go back and I can't believe nobody at the club saw an opportunity for a junket/trip to thank porto for loaning him to us.
  • Options
    "I assume that mourinho was there by the time jorge was due to go back"

I recall Costa saying he wanted to return to Portugal, not just to bring his children up there but because they'd just appointed a new manager who he wanted to work with. Presumably Jose came over towards the end of the season to see Costa play for us and met Peacock then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]I assume that mourinho was there by the time jorge was due to go back and I can't believe nobody at the club saw an opportunity for a junket/trip to thank porto for loaning him to us.
    Mourinho came over with Porto for John Robinson's testimonial.
  • Options
    must only be a professional rather than social friendship.

Can't exactly see Jose popping into the Blue Anchor in Bexley for a quick half before popping round Keef's for dinner...