Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Youngie get the nod?

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I see Micah Richards requires calf surgery so is out of the Estonia game on 6th June. With the continued absence of Gary Neville due to his ankle injury will McClaren learn from distaters like the Israel game and actually play a right back (i.e. Young) at right back or stick in usual clod hopper Phil Neville?

Comments

• Options
    Gary Neville is supposed to be back for Man Utd this weekend, if not then the champions league game the mid week after.
    Luke Young simply isn't good enough at that level.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I think you are right.

Youngy is a good solid Prem full back - but he doesn't have that mental sharpness when playing to rise to a level required against top international teams.

But no reason why he shouldn't be good enough to play against teams like Estonia.
  • Options
    If he's capable enough to play against Premiership sides then he's good enough to play against Estonia.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Gary Neville is supposed to be back for Man Utd this weekend, if not then the champions league game the mid week after.
    Luke Young simply isn't good enough at that level.

I think that grossly misrepresents both his performances for England and his ability generally. As far as I can remember, he made one mistake in an England shirt, other than that he was solid and effective.
  • Options
    And England could do with more solid and effective players and less prancing, lilly-livered, underarchieving, "what are we doing after the match?", media tart upstarts. FACT.