Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Release the Hounds

Anybody else watch this.

Love it, pretty different to anything else out there, some great tasks.

Just pretty easy watching for an hour.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I have seen a few, they are hilarious.

One of those easy to enjoy sitting at home "I could do that", but some of those challenges would have me dumping a load.

The one with the girl, tough guy and gay guy all from Essex was superb.
  • Options
    And when the dogs take out the runners is just superb
  • Options
    Great show and so funny! I'd love to have a go........but I know full well I'm getting caught by the dogs
  • Options

Great show and so funny! I'd love to have a go........but I know full well I'm getting caught by the dogs

Like a night out at the 'Venue' then.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

I think the dogs are scarier in the venue
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

I think the dogs are scarier in the venue
    Having experienced both I would agree with this
  • Options
    rina said:

I was involved in some of the pre production work for this prior to the first episode last Halloween.
    The day after I had run a marathon I took a phone call from my mum telling me she needed me to help out with a job as she needed someone who could run.
    The following day despite the fact that my legs were destroyed from the marathon and that I can’t sprint even at the best of times I found myself repeatedly running distances between 60 and 100 metres up a field being chased by a pack of dogs while we figured out just how much of a lead the average person needs to escape- it’s a long way, those dogs are damn fast.
    I did a few sessions of this plus the pitch to tv producers.

That must have been an experience.

I would have loved to have given it a go against the dogs.

There have been a few people I have seen and thought they are in for it within 20m of running, but they always surprise me. Amazing what a pack of dogs chasing you could do for your sprinting ability.
  • Options
    rina said:

I was involved in some of the pre production work for this prior to the first episode last Halloween.
    The day after I had run a marathon I took a phone call from my mum telling me she needed me to help out with a job as she needed someone who could run.
    The following day despite the fact that my legs were destroyed from the marathon and that I can’t sprint even at the best of times I found myself repeatedly running distances between 60 and 100 metres up a field being chased by a pack of dogs while we figured out just how much of a lead the average person needs to escape- it’s a long way, those dogs are damn fast.
    I did a few sessions of this plus the pitch to tv producers.

Out of interest did you find out the average?

I always reckon about 65m is touch and go and prob favours the dogs.
  • Options
    I can't remember. It wouldn't translate well to the format as broadcast anyway, we were using a running start. Also from what I've seen the dogs are much more clinical now, in the early days of training a slower runner could get away if the 2 lead dogs got in each other's way