Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lost

Just started watching this ( half way through season 3). Without giving anything away, is it worth watching to the end?

Comments

• Options
    The ships sinks at the end. (sorry)
  • Options
    Im my opinion, it all went a bit downhill after season 3. I had to really drag myself through the final season, only to be faced with disappointment at the end of what turned out to be a tedious journey. But it all depends on how much you're enjoying it really.......
  • Options
    Personal opinion would be no, its not worth sticking with
  • Options
    no, don't do it. I dread the day I bothered watching it as the ending makes zero sense at all.
  • Options
    No chuck it in... I watched bout two seasons one of worst series I ever tried.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    please, please don't go on. You will find only great sadness and frustration. I loved it and watched every episode religiously as it came out - the first series i've ever done that with. But it slowly degenerates into an ending that the writers clearly made up as they went along. So many unanswered questions.

Keep going if you like it, but meh.

• Options
    I didn't watch it when it first came out but started watching it on dvd , took me about a year to get through it from start to finish , its a bit addictive , if you've got this far , its probably worth seeing it though to the end.
  • Options
    One word - no.
  • Options
    If you cherish the time you have on this Earth......then bin it. Waste of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ending makes perfect sense. There are some questions throughout the series that aren't answered (and they were definitely making a lot of it up as they went along) but how can people say the ending made no sense?
  • Options

The ending makes perfect sense. There are some questions throughout the series that aren't answered (and they were definitely making a lot of it up as they went along) but how can people say the ending made no sense?

Because they couldn't be bothered to work it out. It's easier to say it doesn't make any sense.

I was incredibly frustrated with the finale at the time because all I wanted was answers, but now I can go back and watch it without that desperate-for-answers pressure and quite enjoy it. I hate religion but I like the theory that it puts forward.
  • Options
    Bin it and Watch walking dead, sopranos or game of thrones instead if you haven't already that is. MUCH better than lost which died after season 2.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Because they couldn't be bothered to work it out. It's easier to say it doesn't make any sense.

I was incredibly frustrated with the finale at the time because all I wanted was answers, but now I can go back and watch it without that desperate-for-answers pressure and quite enjoy it. I hate religion but I like the theory that it puts forward.
    Yeah - I get that. I know a lot of people who watched it all the way through though who are genuinely baffled - but I really can't understand it - it's not even as if it requires any working out! It's basically completely spoon fed - right the way up to the last shot.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Yeah - I get that. I know a lot of people who watched it all the way through though who are genuinely baffled - but I really can't understand it - it's not even as if it requires any working out! It's basically completely spoon fed - right the way up to the last shot.
    face it Leroy , some people just dont have your intellect ...
  • Options
    The show gets baggy in the third season, largely as the writers needed the structure of an end date. You can spot the episode where it all starts to change, right after the deal with ABC was struck.

For me it's one of the most enjoyable tv experiences Ive ever had, and on rewatch realised it pretty much all fitted together way better than I first thought. The character arcs of Jack and Locke are brilliantly realised, as are many of the co-cast, particularly Sawyer. I didn't really like the final season choices at times, but it was beautifully realised on screen, and very well layered writing. The hype of questions and answers set it up for a hiding sadly, which is a shame as many of the question were actually answered, just not in the bombastic way the promos and even show runners claimed they would be. It's a fun ride. Anyone who didn't know what was going on wasn't paying attention, as leroy said, the plot is obvious, although many references are quite subtle.
  • Options
    Another show damaged by the writers strike in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm convinced there was a return-of-Dharma subplot that was abandoned cos of the strike.
  • Options
    Really? 1 series was 3 episodes shorter than planned because of the strike. It hardly affected it.
  • Options
    Yes - well worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoyed Series 1, 2, 4 and 5. But 3 and 6 are really poor.
  • Options
    watched the first 2 series & loved every minute,,,,,,,,,,,but then I got completely LOST with the plot & gave up. It had everything going for it but as someone posted earlier, it appears as if the writers were just making it up as they went along.
  • Options

it appears as if the writers were just making it up as they went along.

Isn't that how you write a story?
  • Options

The unanswered questions were the main reason for my frustration. As for the ending not making sense, yes it did. But after the producers insisting time & time again (right from season one in fact) that it wasn't going to be the dull & obvious answer, yep, you guessed it, that's exactly what it turned out to be................
  • Options
    Excellent series. The ending may have been a bit drabby but I don't think there was a dull episode throughout. Never did I watch one episode and think 'that was shit'. Well worth sticking with it IMO.
  • Options

The unanswered questions were the main reason for my frustration. As for the ending not making sense, yes it did. But after the producers insisting time & time again (right from season one in fact) that it wasn't going to be the dull & obvious answer, yep, you guessed it, that's exactly what it turned out to be................
    Really? (spoiler) You think they were dead all along? Do you really think that?
  • Options

WhIch questions did you think went unanswered?
  • Options

Excellent series. The ending may have been a bit drabby but I don't think there was a dull episode throughout. Never did I watch one episode and think 'that was shit'. Well worth sticking with it IMO.

Stranger In A Strange Land? Even Damon and Carlton said that episode sucked!
  • Options
    Seasons 1 & 2 were really good, it went batshit crazy after that. I sacked it ofd after seasom three. I watched intermittently if my housemate had it on and did his head in with questions that part timers ask. 'Why are they in the seventies' 'why are they on a golf course' and the like.

Dexter was a bit the same for me, started brilliantly but the last series was like a piss taking parody of the show
  • Options

Bin it and Watch walking dead, sopranos or game of thrones instead if you haven't already that is. MUCH better than lost which died after season 2.

the sopranos is the king of tv shows and will be forever. Such an amazing show.
    JiMMy 85 said:

it appears as if the writers were just making it up as they went along.

Isn't that how you write a story?
    at your first draft, yes. Then you rewrite, rewrite and rewrite. Showrunners should've had a plan but their expectation was because it was so expensive to make that they would get cancelled after 2 seasons or so and people would say what an awesome show it was like Twin Peaks or Firefly. That's why there was loads of random mysterious shit happening in those first 2 seasons. Then they realised they would have to explain it all and just made it up on the spot and it showed.