Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Telegraph's 100 Greatest Ever Premier League Players

Comments

• Options
    Probably fair to say Hasselbaink and Barnes never made it into the list based on their performances for Charlton.
  • Options
    Parker played most his games for charlton - where, to be honest as a young player, he peaked with us.
  • Options
    Cant believe former and PFA Player's Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year David Ginola isnt on that list!
  • Options
    I thought Ginola was on there? Sure he had his Newcastle kit on.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Cant believe former and PFA Player's Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year David Ginola isnt on that list!

Ginola is no. 63. And in a Newcastle kit.
  • Options
    Shearer was so good
  • Options
    shearer was the biggest cheat I've ever seen
  • Options
    Roy Keane better then, Scholes, Ronaldo, drogba, Gerrard, lampard, cantona etc.

Keane got 3rd place....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mrbligh said:

shearer was the biggest cheat I've ever seen

260 premier league goals??

Come on mate, he was a physical player that liked to gain an advantage anyway he could. He was never like an Ashley Young who dived at every opportunity though. He didn't have great pace or skill, so he had to use what he had. Forget what he's like as a pundit, as a player he was unbelievable.
  • Options
    I'm not a Keane hater as I'm sure fergie was an ungrateful, controlling twat to have known. Two sides to that.

But in no way was Roy Keane the 3rd best premier league player of all time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How has Omar Pouso not made this list?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    maybe my comment was a bit ott.....

he was a brilliant goalscorer but as you say he did gain an advantage anyway he could and most of the time it was by cheating! He's no-where near the biggest cheat i've ever seen, but he was the first proper cheat I ever saw so I think that's why it sticks in the mind. I remember when watching him live he would drag, kick, pull anyone who came near him and then get in the referees ear constantly abut how he was being fouled. By the second half of games he would get so many decisions and I remember being proper outraged at the audacity of it.

It doesn't compare in any way to the divers and roller around ers we have around nowadays to be fair
  • Options
    There is a bar in Newcastle that nearly became forever carter for me airing my views on that side of Shearers game. Very tough, hard man and a absolute competitor of the highest order and his finishing was very, very good. Turns out they really do love him unreservedly up there. Old saint Alan
  • Options
    No Kish?