Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Jones

2»

Comments

• Options
    We were apparently in for David Kelly of Walsall or Andy Jones.

We chose the wrong one.
  • Options
    That miss at Oldham has to be in the top five of Charlton misses I seen !
  • Options
    His goal against Spurs was class and the one in the 3-0 safety game against Derby was good too...I don't remember any of the others
  • Options
    It was so exciting at the time to be signing a prolific up and coming striker; not the sort of luxury we were used to. Then, before he'd kicked a ball, Lennie announced that we weren't signing him for his goals - good job as it turned out - and my heart sunk as I envisaged us turning him into another back-to-goal target man. Enter Paul Williams...
  • Options
    buckshee said:

The miss in front of an open goal at Oldham had to be the worst.

The sight of Andy looking for a divot in the plastic Oldham pitch was priceless

• Options
    Could often be found propping up the bar at PVR after reserve matches there.
  • Options

I good striker but never really lived up to expectation.

In an interview about him joining us he stated that it was a move that he expected to help him get to a big club ... never really took to him after that
  • Options
    I thought he was pony. Ultimately he was the reason we eventually went down because we only had enough money to splash on one striker and he was not good enough. Not a great buy by Lennie but he was certainly not one of our worse strikers...we have had a lot worse!
  • Options

I thought he was pony. Ultimately he was the reason we eventually went down because we only had enough money to splash on one striker and he was not good enough. Not a great buy by Lennie but he was certainly not one of our worse strikers...we have had a lot worse!

Jonesy was with us for 3 seasons in the top flight, so it's a bit harsh to blame him for our eventual relegation!

Classic example of a player tearing up the lower divisions - but lacking that bit of pedigree in the top flight.
  • Options
    As a young boy I used to sneak up the fire exit and into the players lounge at Selhurst. I befriended Andy, the other players would refer to me as mini Andy Jones, this was due to the fact we had identical hair cuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible. Hard to know who was the least talented looking back, him or Pitcher.