Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Unexpected Visitor

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well, we were shopping in our local Tesco's last week. Going tonight as well.
  • Options

One of my middle names is Eugene. I've never admitted that in public before.

I thought I just had a naff user name
  • Options
    I had a chameleon called Eugene.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

My missus for her sins was shopping at Asda in Beddington Lane, not far from Addick in SW16, when who should walk past her but Mr Christopher Powell, who was still playing for us at the time. This is what she told me she said to him, 'Hey, how are you doing? I haven't seen you since Dunraven School. You used to go out with my friend Jane. Do you remember Alan? I'm still in contact with him.' He assured her politely that she must be mistaken, as he didn't go to Dunraven School, to which she replied, 'OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOU PLAY FOR CHARLTON! MY HUSBAND'S A CHARLTON FAN!

He laughed and said to say hello to me. The thing that always struck me as odd though, was that I, and most of the male population of the country, was at home watching an England Euro qualifier. I've always imagined his missus saying, 'Listen, mate, I don't see you from one Saturday to the next. I don't care if England are on the telly, you bloody well do the shopping!

My mum went to Dunraven in the '70s before moving to Plumstead
  • Options
    Bit disappointed for Chris shops in Sainsbury's. Though he'd be more of a Waitrose man.

Oh well, that's his legendary status at the club now gone. He should really have thought of that before shopping at such a place.
  • Options
    *Insert usual Move On comment here*

:----)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My thoughts when I hear the name Eugene.
  • Options
    Wasn't that custard pie tosser in the final scene in Grease called Eugene? The one where he throws the pie in the teachers face and the coach offers him a try-out for the team.

I didn't mean that the actor in the film was a tosser by the way. Just to clear up any confusion so any fans of Grease are not offended. ;)
  • Options
    I bet you're so regretting mentioning your name on here now..............