Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

19:05 with Roland (tonight ...at 19:05)

Comments

• Options
    Should be interesting viewing.
  • Options
    Duchatalet looks like the nodding Churchill dog...
  • Options
    Is it just me who can't help thinking (or saying if I'm indoors) "I feel for you Rowland" whenever I hear that name?
  • Options
    He does say 'huh' a lot but when it's in a foreign language for him I can forgive that.

I like Dicky Davis as well, talks a lot of sense and you can tell hes not bored of being sent to our games just yet. Anyone know who he supports?
  • Options
    started to love 1905 getting better each week
  • Options
    Enjoyed that
  • Options
    The interviewer gave RD an easy ride the only controversial question for he apologised was would money be available in January; I would have liked more probing questions such as "when will you decide whether to extend BPs contract" and similar questions relating to the contracts of other senior players. RD came across as a genuine CAFC enthusiast and not only here for the money.
  • Options

The interviewer gave RD an easy ride the only controversial question for he apologised was would money be available in January; I would have liked more probing questions such as "when will you decide whether to extend BPs contract" and similar questions relating to the contracts of other senior players. RD came across as a genuine CAFC enthusiast and not only here for the money.

Club employee in not giving his company owner a hard time in interview to be broadcast on the internet shocker.

What exactly did you expect?

"Roland, which side do you dress? Oh and why haven't you spent another 10m on players you tight b**tard?"

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Club employee in not giving his company owner a hard time in interview to be broadcast on the internet shocker.

"Roland, which side do you dress? Oh and why haven't you spent another 10m on players you tight b**tard?"

Any truth in the rumours you've spent CAFC's January transfer budget on a panic room in the Standard Liege boardroom?
  • Options

He does say 'huh' a lot but when it's in a foreign language for him I can forgive that.

I like Dicky Davis as well, talks a lot of sense and you can tell hes not bored of being sent to our games just yet. Anyone know who he supports?

Well his brother supports Palace I think
  • Options
    Doesn't look anything like I remember him...........

• Options

Palace
  • Options
    Very good to see the interview however delicate the questioning. Roland referred to Jose Riga a couple of times, and I believe that he doesn't rule out Jose as a fall back option at Charlton if circumstances move Big Bob on.

I am at odds with Roland when he went on about results not being the only thing. I fully understand the reasons he says it, pressure off the manager, the younger players, and indeed off himself to an extent, but with all the variables floating around results are a fixed and consistent thing we can all understand.

Results do matter, and indeed at the end of the interview he mused about strengthening in January, and play offs and the potential pleasure of getting promoted. It was couched in terms of covering for injuries as well as to move us on.

Overall I thought the interview was helpful. I sincerely hope that for the most part what we hear/see from Roland is what we get.If there is stuff he would rather not talk about, or commit to, then I would much rather he avoided the subject than to be in any way duplicitous. I am prepared to believe what Roland is saying at the moment, even if the actualities are few to latch on to. However if actions speak louder than words, then Roland is definitely audible amongst the hubbub of the Championship, which is why I repeat that results speak loudest of all, and we should make points achieved the overriding objective, and never hint that they are not absolutely crucial.

I am a bit fearful for Fulham tomorrow given the absentees. Will the midfield five be Wilson, Bulot, Cousins, Jackson, Moussa, and which of those will neutralise Scott Parker?

Oh and I would like to think that those who go to Craven Cottage with the intention of abusing Parker all game would be prepared to 'move on'.
  • Options
    Oi! That Woolwich shirt has been lifted from the museum.

: - )
  • Options

Palace
    Well I take that back then the bald Nigel bell end
  • Options
    I don't quite know if Roland's unwillingness to share details of his plan is admirable or just frustrating (or both.) It does seem pretty clear he knows what he wants to do, how and why, and on current evidence he's been right far more often than wrong, at Charlton at least. I am quite happy to trust him to get it right again....

BUT

On the other hand, it's pretty clear to most fans what are the weaknesses in the team, and for the most part pretty easily remedied with a judicious not ridiculous amount of spending given to an astute manager/scouting team. We just have no idea whether Roland is happy to provide the cash to push on or is happy enough that a good start will be enough to keep us safe at the end of the season. He did allude to it I guess but in vague enough terms that for me it is a possibility not a probability that money will be spent.

Still, he's been criticised (justifiably I feel) for not communicating with fans enough so an interview like this is a step in the right direction, though I have a suspicion a list of questions that can/can't be asked was provided beforehand.
  • Options

Any truth in the rumours you've spent CAFC's January transfer budget on a panic room in the Standard Liege boardroom?
    Because of the problems that he's encountered at SL, I Think we may benefit as he wants to keep the Charlton
    fans onside.

You heard that the Academy was the main supplier of players for the 1st team over the next few years, with all the best young boys around choosing CAFC, because by 17,18 or 19 the cream of the crop will be in the 1st team squad. This has come to fruition all ready looking at the bench made up of u21's,

Was a bit hazy on players being brought in from outside, if's and but's on that one.

He said that he was surprised how well we had started but realised that the teams were very close and can change quickly. The comment about Bob being more demonstrative at Charlton than at his last club, was left in the air,
    I wanted to known was our owner ok with that ?

Roland is not at ease in front of the camera, but realised that he needed to do this, Murray in the first part of his tenure at the club always seemed to enjoy the interaction with the fans at the supporters evenings.

Some other issues, the new pitch was stated, but other points felt like a tacit agreement with the watching fans that
    a gradual improvement will continue.

Don't expect Paxman to show up. but Ollie, Peter and Dicky the guest, did a good show.

1905 can only be a good thing.

voice of the valley and Charlton life for the hard hitting questions !

• Options
    First time I have watched 1905. Enjoyed it impressed with the production qualities. Looking forward to the next one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

On the other hand, it's pretty clear to most fans what are the weaknesses in the team, and for the most part pretty easily remedied with a judicious not ridiculous amount of spending given to an astute manager/scouting team. We just have no idea whether Roland is happy to provide the cash to push on or is happy enough that a good start will be enough to keep us safe at the end of the season. He did allude to it I guess but in vague enough terms that for me it is a possibility not a probability that money will be spent.

Still, he's been criticised (justifiably I feel) for not communicating with fans enough so an interview like this is a step in the right direction, though I have a suspicion a list of questions that can/can't be asked was provided beforehand.

- what we as fans say is easy, is not always so, we may think the players are available, but at what price, will they fit the club ethos.
    - "Not a ridiculous amount of spending" - Roly has forked out £14m to buy the club, up to £1m for the ground developments including pitch, has invested wisely and stupidly (Igor and Peter the Pole) in the team, will need to budget for the summer when loanees may go back to SL or want to move on to other clubs. These are investment levels beyond most Championship clubs without prem parachute money, in a ten month period. So any penny over and above that, could be argued as ridiculous amounts of money.

I ma happy with the way RD is running the club, it has risks .. "You don't win anything with kids", but I would rather we slowly built over 2-3 years than went "gun ho" in January, spend next years budget and end up beaten play opff finalists or worse. Look where bringing forward next seasons budget got us last time.