Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eric Lamela

Bloody hell.

Check out the goal he has scored tonight!

http://youtu.be/qSZkBQwqQ6I

Comments

• Almost as good as George's. Bit needless but they all count
  • No right foot, get rid :-)
  • I did not see it properly at first and wondered why the commentators were so amazed, but then saw the replay and realized he never hit it with his Right foot he somehow managed to hit it with his Left foot
  • Ive scored like that, would back myself to hit the target with that style rather than try and curl It with my left.

Would also prefer to cross like that than with my left.

Yes, my left foot is shit.

As I type, shows how weak the attempt to use his right foot to curl it in just before he whips in a left foot volley.
  • He's a strange one Lamela. Can score a goal like that then cant manage to pass the ball to a team mate 10 yards away.
  • Wonder what would have happened if he had hit row Z.
  • Hard to know whether to be impressed or horrified.
  • It's 1st of all shocking to even attempt that. Only acceptable in training perhaps, in a non competitive match.

Seriously though that is actually world class. The technique of how he got such power and accuracy from that stupid little "I'm a tosser" manover, is really impressive.

If Ronaldo or messi done it....it would be more believable.
  • Take a bow son!
  • Sponsored links:

• Unbelievable Jeff!
  • It's called a Rabona,

I guess they may now call it a Lamela.
  • Sorry but Peter Parsley's goal for Sint Truden was better
  • JohnBoyUK said:

He's a strange one Lamela. Can score a goal like that then cant manage to pass the ball to a team mate 10 yards away.

Let him keep the ball then!
  • Lamela has got previous of doing this technique, he has perfected it in training and it was a world class goal.
  • Been doing those since I was like 6 years old and sh!t, give it a generous 5.5\10....

....absolute worldy, to even get that on target is impressive.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

He's a strange one Lamela. Can score a goal like that then cant manage to pass the ball to a team mate 10 yards away.

Let him keep the ball then!
    Shame the other 10 players cant pass the ball to him in the first place!

• 8ball said:
    I reckon (judging by way he looks into the box), that it was a cross though. No doubting where Lamela meant to put his.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching it on TV, It seemed to me that all players stopped momentarily thinking the previous challenge prior to Lamela's goal was a foul. I believe it was just a casual way of show-boating rather than a deliberate effort to score.
  • Remember when Moutaouakil set up Marcus Bents goal v Stockport with the same kind of skill on a cross.

That worked out well!
  • Cheers WSS. Didn't know how to post it like that.
  • He'll be at Real M or Barcelona next season
  • All very spectacular, but the miserable sod in me can't help thinking they'd be better overall players if they spent more time practicing with their weak foot and less time practicing a trick you can maybe use twice a season.
  • I can remember Stuart Leary passing the ball like this back in the 50's. He could pass the ball quite a distance with this method. What a great player he was and a good all-rounder at cricket too (KCC); I wonder if there is any old film out there showing him in his football playing days?
  • A 9 year old tried it at my sons training this morning, didn't work, so the idiot manager made him sit out of the session for a couple of minutes as a result!