Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuart Balmer

2»

Comments

• Options
    These threads are great particularly knowing where the players are now....

Sweaty Balmer was a very under rated player and you can't knock over 250 games-a Charlton legend indeed.....
  • Options
    Sweaty liked a drink. I remember chatting to him at a Charlton boxing evening somewhere in the City a little late in the evening and I could hardly understand a word he was saying. He wasn't easy to understand while sober but when drunk, no chance.

Always the last player to leave the Valley Portakabin Lounge after the game!

I really liked him as a player, especially alongside Simon Webster.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Are AFC Bournemouth still really Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic?

I don't know, but I do know it's no longer Millwall Athletic. Does anyone know when the scum dropped that part of their name?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Are AFC Bournemouth still really Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic?

I don't know, but I do know it's no longer Millwall Athletic. Does anyone know when the scum dropped that part of their name?
    When they couldn't get the lyrics to rhyme.

Mmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
  • Options
    Sweaty bought me a drink at a PotY do in the old supporters' club at the back of the Covered End.
  • Options
    Millwall Rovers 1885-1889, Millwall Athletic 1889-1927, Millwall 1927-date.
  • Options
    A vivid memory of Sweaty for me was in the 5-1 home victory over Notts County. It was late in the game and we were already 5-1 up (I think) an he found himself 1 on 1 with the keeper. He done a step over and went round the keeper but sadly didn't score as I think a defender cleared off the line.
    Or did I dream it?
  • Options
    I liked Sweaty as a player and was privileged to meet him a couple of times after matches when I was lucky enough to do the hospitality bit.

Sad that such a stalwart just missed out on the Prem. (He might have been a sub in the very first season thinking about it).
  • Options
    Didn't Sweaty meet up in the showers with "glamour model" Belinda Charlton* on a photo shoot for club merchandise?

*Apparently now fighting cancer