Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Greenwich on Deserter

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Half Moon hasn't reopened since the flood and seems unlikely to. The Dog is closed while it is being converted into a 'boutique hotel'.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

The Half Moon hasn't reopened since the flood and seems unlikely to. The Dog is closed while it is being converted into a 'boutique hotel'.

Heavens - I spent half my school life in those 2 pubs and the other half in the Heber Arms.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

@Curb_It‌

Yes, we were pleased with that. It came from a reader who asked if she could write something for us. She did very well and now I'm tempted to go to Erith for a pint.

I used to know Cara very well, great girl.
    Yes, lovely girl. Met her for the first time last night.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Excuse my not reading thru' all of this but what has happened to the 1/2 moon and Dog in Herne Hill / Dulwich

Being owned by the Dulwich Estate is what's happened.

What's the point of Dulwich Village without the Dog?

• Options

It is an excellent site with really well written blogs and articles.

Shame to see about the Crown and Greyhound in Dulwich.

Vincenzo, try as I might I cannot find out much of what is planned for the Catford Bridge Tavern. I believe Tesco do not own the lease now. Do you have any further info?

Someone commented on the site that the Catford Bridge Tavern has been taken over by Camden Bars, who own a few pubs in Camden and Hackney. If so, there's hope yet.

• Options

It is an excellent site with really well written blogs and articles.

Shame to see about the Crown and Greyhound in Dulwich.

Vincenzo, try as I might I cannot find out much of what is planned for the Catford Bridge Tavern. I believe Tesco do not own the lease now. Do you have any further info?

This just in, SirJohn! At last, the mystery can be solved:
    http://www.catfordtavern.com/
  • Options
    Great blog, had me chuckling. Will keep visiting!
  • Options
    Thanks Woodside. Glad you're enjoying it.

I still find it utterly bizarre that we moved to Catford once, changing our kit to light blue and dark blue stripes, leaving our constituency and the biggest football in the world, outside of Wembley. What were they thinking?
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    ......"Mike politely told him he didn’t and that in this brave new world he’d need to walk up the hill in the heat to the High Street to find any. And that’s what he did. The twat."......

Politely? Shurely shome mistake?

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another one on Plumstead.

http://deserter.co.uk/2015/06/thank-plumstead/

Bit concerned about my local going the route of saffron alioli tho it does look like a whole new pub as I peered through the window longingly after a long walk yesterday.

• Options
    Top blogging!
  • Options
    Cheers Curb_It and Mike.

The landlord of the Star has complained about the piece, as he's busting his buns to turn it into a nice pub with a focus on food. He's an Arsenal supporter, so likely to want to focus on its place in their history. Not sure he'll mention they're the original MK Dons!
  • Options
    He's a stand up comedian I hear. Nervous times for us regulars to see how it goes but It looks totally different already... and you did say it had a neglected air previously I think.

What's he moaning about? The landlady asked for suggestions on one of the local facebook pages... some of the suggestions were ridiculous.