Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Email from The Club - Grammar Pedantry

2»

Comments

• Options
    "al farno" ....i think my mum had some his 78s !
  • Options
    could of been writen alot better

:-)
  • Options
    Should your name not begin with a capital 'I' ?
  • Options
    @d I ate the other day.
  • Options
    There's not a better way to have that match-day experience than to enjoy a pre-match meal for just £25 pp.
    Oh believe me for 25 quid, there is!
  • Options
    Glad I'm one of those that "isn't opening anymore" so i don't have to subject myself to such grammatical butchery.
  • Options
    Looks good value to me tbf.
  • Options
    Belglaise? Cheery pie with cream - my favourite.
  • Options
    As I used to say to my editors, the readers only look at the photographs anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As I used to say to my editors, the readers only look at the photographs anyway?

Shame on you ! It's beyond my Ken how you can say such a thing ;-)

• Options
    Talal said:

Glad I'm one of those that "isn't opening anymore" so i don't have to subject myself to such grammatical butchery.

I
  • Options
    Pretty embarrassing really
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Pretty embarrassing really

This thread? the email? both?
  • Options

think they should scrap stadium catering. instead we all bring a food and drink contribution and have a big picnic on the pitch from 1pm to 2.30pm. we can return again around 3.45pm for tea and cakes.

Replace the goals with three sticks, smaller ball, dress everyone in white...I like your thinking mate
  • Options
    More shocking is no veggie option :-)
  • Options
    I think the club done it on purpose. To see if it made a thread on CL
  • Options
    Stig said:

There are errors all over the place; the website, the programme, marketing literature. The comms department definitely need a proper system for quality assuring their work before it is published. It looks so shoddy and unprofessional. Just because we're in an age where Twitter is the preferred means of communication, it does not mean that all communications should be reduced to that level of quality. In this case, if I'm paying £25 for a meal I want to know that there's been some care and attention put into it. I have no faith that that's the case though when the people trying to sell it can't even be bothered to spell the name of the main dish correctly. Very bad marketing.

In my (daily) experience, the problem is that marketeers can't write copy. But more importantly, don't care that they can't.
  • Options

Belglaise?

You might have a point there. I lived for a while in Amsterdam and saw many, many examples of Dunglish ie English that was almost but not quite perfect, as it had not been checked by a native speaker. Included official documents and even signs at Schiphol airport...

I would be a bit surprised if we had a Belgian writing our emails, but you never know.
  • Options
    Even the real retail pros .. or was it the probable far east manufacturers .. can get it wrong
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35516158