Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV programmes that you once loved but now think are shite

13»

Comments

• Options

Not strictly a TV show but The Boat Race.

As a kid I thought it was a big national thing but as an adult you can see it for what it really is. A poncy race for super toffs with zero relevance for 99.99% of the population. Why this is a big TV event is completely beyond me.

Great quote this.
  • Options
    The Goodies
    Monty Python
  • Options
    They were never good but what about the Black and White Minstrel show, what was that all about? Or Seaside Special? This was the sign that school was out for summer but also that there was only repeats and rubbish on tv till September.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Used to run through a brick wall just to get home in time for neighbours.

What, every day? Did someone keep rebuilding it?
    Different one every day. He ended doing a 5 mile walk home from school. He was Catford Advertisers Most Wanted for 2 years running.
  • Options

Not strictly a TV show but The Boat Race.

As a kid I thought it was a big national thing but as an adult you can see it for what it really is. A poncy race for super toffs with zero relevance for 99.99% of the population. Why this is a big TV event is completely beyond me.

It's probably the only sporting event the BBC can afford the rights for?
  • Options

It tears my soul to admit this, but Fawlty Towers. I bought a box set of Towers back in may, and found bits of it embarrassing. I thought maybe it was because I liked it when I was Young, so I tried it on the children, but they both walked out after a while, citing 'better things to do'. Sad.

Sorry that I had to flag you, but in my opinion there is not a funnier character out there than Basil Fawlty.
    No worries, deep down I think I deserve it, but it's just not making me laugh.

Anyway, the Major was always the funnier carácter on there.

• Options
    Sorry to go against the grain, got bombed out of the CL poker game early doors, my missus was watching Royle family - still hilarious
  • Options
    Arrested Development. The original 3 series before it got cancelled were great.

They eventually made some new episodes for netflix which were crap.
  • Options
    Question time.
  • Options
    Watching the World Series the last couple of weeks, they always show highlights from previous years. it is amazing how bad the picture quality was even from 10yrs ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now the new film's been announced I'm sure some will say 'Dad's Army'.

;-)

Greenie said:

Dads Army.

:-)
  • Options
    I really struggle to watch Soccer AM anymore. Used to be alright now it's just horrendously shite
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

I really struggle to watch Soccer AM anymore. Used to be alright now it's just horrendously shite

What is that bayo vs Razr section all about. Utterly dreadful.