Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Bang in Kent

2»

Comments

• Options
    Missed the bang in Mottingham, sadly. Typhoon is a quality aircraft. Pleased we have it to keep our airspace in order.
  • Options
    For those who might want to know why - A sonic boom happens when the the air in front of an object "escapes", creating a ripple effect which can be heard on the ground as a loud thunderclap. When an aircraft approaches the speed of sound (768mph), the air in front of the nose of the plane builds up a pressure front because it has nowhere to escape. Simple science for the non initiated.
  • Options

Huge banging noise last night where I live in North Notts....ground shook, they say (on BBC news this morning) it was an earthquake.....2.4 on Richter scale they say......sorry to disappoint the scientists it was me and Mrs RM having our yearly night of passion!!! LOL

As Golfie would say, "In the hole".
  • Options

For those who might want to know why - A sonic boom happens when the the air in front of an object "escapes", creating a ripple effect which can be heard on the ground as a loud thunderclap. When an aircraft approaches the speed of sound (768mph), the air in front of the nose of the plane builds up a pressure front because it has nowhere to escape. Simple science for the non initiated.

I thought it was when the little blue hedgehog completed a level
  • Options

What a bunch of pussies honestly... try living/dying in a war zone!

You do it first and let me know how you get on
    No thanks. Did the bang bang scare you as well Greenie?
    I didn't hear it :(
  • Options
    This probably explains why we were delayed landing at Stansted from Lisbon yesterday at that time! We seemed to be circling for about 30 mins 9Delayed until about 6.00pm) and the pilot kept changing the time we would land. When we did land, our luggage took 50 - 55 mins to reach the baggage belts. We were finally told that there had been an incident on the runway and we were lucky not to wait longer!
    Good to know our boys are there to protect and keep our skies safe. Thank you.