Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Awesome new Podcast - SERIAL

edited October 2014 in Not Sports Related
Not related to anything Charlton but I just wanted to share a new Podcast I found recently.

It's called Serial (by the people who did This American Life) - it's the telling of a true crime -in this case a murder in America. It's read out by an impartial lady who is scratching below the surface, investigating, interviewing and generally seeing if everything is as it seems. It's really interesting and I just thought I would share it if anyone has a few hours to kill.

It's up to Part 6 of I-don't-know-how-many but I strongly recommend it.

For what it's worth - one that is Football related is The Magic Sponge - very funny. Alternatively try The Football Ramble.

Comments

• Thanks. I was downloading some podcasts this morning and saw this was near the top of the download charts. Will give it a try.
  • The Magic Sponge is brilliant.

Bullard's story about the Postman Pat game had me in stitches on the train.
  • The Magic Sponge is brilliant.

Bullard's story about the Postman Pat game had me in stitches on the train.

Bullard is funny. The stories the other week about "Jamie 'and" and David Bentley had me cracking up

• it's excellent, I'm leaning back to him being guilty, but his mate is as guilty as him
  • Rothko said:

it's excellent, I'm leaning back to him being guilty, but his mate is as guilty as him

Me too. Part 6 makes me think he's guilty - too many errors from Adnan. His mate is as shady as hell and I think just as bad.

• edited October 2014
    I listened to the first episode last week. Need to get the others. Such a strange story.
  • Just finished all 12. Brilliant podcast.
  • Yes was an interesting listen. Sarah Koenig has an excellent presentation style, makes you feel like you are chatting about it over a beer rather than being lectured to.

The ending was a bit anticlimactic in a way but the story isn't finished yet by the sounds of it - I wonder if they'll do a revisited type update in a few months.

Looking forward to Season 2, I wonder what topic they will cover.
  • If people enjoy this I'd recommend Injustice by Clive Stafford Smith. It's similar, but focused more on the way the American death system works than Serial. When I listened to Serial it reminded me a lot of Injustice and it's really a great book
  • Cheers Swisdom, I've been needing a new podcast for a few weeks now so I'll check out SERIAL and see what it's like.

Obviously a really old Podcast to mention, and probably not as good as the glory days with Colin Murray (if you could stand him that is) but Fighting Talk is always worth a listen to.
  • Sponsored links:

• If people enjoy this I'd recommend Injustice by Clive Stafford Smith. It's similar, but focused more on the way the American death system works than Serial. When I listened to Serial it reminded me a lot of Injustice and it's really a great book

Is injustice a podcast? I can see a couple of podcasts available but not one that is just called injustice.
  • Have listened to them all except the last one (this weeks)... captivating and makes you wonder. Think Adnan must be involved but Jay also.

We're all loving the Mail....cimp, chimp ad in work!

I didn't see Swisdom's original post on here (only seen this thread tonight) but a work colleague got me to listen and by word of mouth it spread to many captivated others.

There was no phone at Best Buy!
  • Have listened to them all except the last one (this weeks)... captivating and makes you wonder. Think Adnan must be involved but Jay also.

We're all loving the Mail....cimp, chimp ad in work!

I didn't see Swisdom's original post on here (only seen this thread tonight) but a work colleague got me to listen and by word of mouth it spread to many captivated others.

There was no phone at Best Buy!

Or was there?

• Finished it yesterday - was a bit disappointed with the ending to be honest.

have enjoyed it though - especially when I started listening a few eps in so had one a day to listen to. annoying waiting 2 weeks due to thanksgiving and then a week for the final ep.

• I don't think she could have said anything other then that to be honest
  • Season Two has started. Completely new story. Two episodes have been released
  • Mail.....kimp?
  • If you're interested in the Adnan Syed case, I highly recommend Undisclosed Podcast, which continues the investigation and really has some explosive evidence. It's three American lawyers, so it's a bit lawyer-y, but they do a very good job. One of the co-hosts is Rabia Chaundry, the woman who originally brought the case to Sarah Koenig's attention.
  • edited December 2015
    Okay, don't all laugh at once:

I know what a podcast is, but don't know where to begin to find them & can I listen to them on my pc, or do I have to use an ipod or iphone to do this?............
  • SDAddick said:

If you're interested in the Adnan Syed case, I highly recommend Undisclosed Podcast, which continues the investigation and really has some explosive evidence. It's three American lawyers, so it's a bit lawyer-y, but they do a very good job. One of the co-hosts is Rabia Chaundry, the woman who originally brought the case to Sarah Koenig's attention.

Serial Dynasty also worth a listen. Still ploughing my way through those ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Okay, don't all laugh at once:

I know what a podcast is, but don't know where to begin to find them & can I listen to them on my pc, or do I have to use an ipod or iphone to do this?............

You can do both.

Serial, Undisclosed and Serial Dynasty all have websites where you can listen or you can use a podcast app such as Podcast Republic to download and listen.
  • Or if you just want to listen on your computer you can still use iTunes and the Apple Store, they're all in there and 95% of podcasts are free.