Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Right, so Chelsea has won the 'best league in the world' (possibly)

..what else can we get excited about in the Premier League?
Manchester derby was poor.
Failed to be any more thrilled by these fixtures than if they were (and could easily be) Championship games
Everton 0-0 Swansea
Hull 0-1 Southampton
Leicester 0-1 West Brom
Stoke 2-2 West Ham

(OK OK I know they haven't won it yet, but it is a 'discussion' list!)
Where is the excitement going to come from?

Comments

• Options

..what else can we get excited about in the Premier League?
    Manchester derby was poor.
    Failed to be any more thrilled by these fixtures than if they were (and could easily be) Championship games
    Everton 0-0 Swansea
    Hull 0-1 Southampton
    Leicester 0-1 West Brom
    Stoke 2-2 West Ham

(OK OK I know they haven't won it yet, but it is a 'discussion' list!)
    Where is the excitement going to come from?

Sounds to me that you've fallen out of love with football.....As to your fixture list above - I may be wrong but I don't think Everton have ever been relegated (or certainly not during the last 50 years) so hardly can be classed as a Championship team.

Recently the QPR v Liverpool game had a traffic ending and who would have put Leicester down to beat Man U 5-3. As in most leagues, there will be twists & turns and although Chelsea may be a few points clear at the moment they can easily lose a couple of games.
  • Options
    Fair points golfie, but Everton light up my day in the same way as those perennial makeweights Aston Villa.
    For every rare thriller in the PL we could pull out the same in the Championship, or what I've watched most this season, The Football Conference.
  • Options
    Hammers against City was one of the best games I've seen for many, may years. Mourinho always produces boring teams, so no surprises there. The 'diving' is getting worse, which is always frustrating. However, as always been said, we gave away the game as it was when it was sold to Sky.
  • Options
    I'm with ARTHUR. Definitely haven't fallen out of love with football; I'm only 23! Just find the Premier League terminally boring for the most part.

Monday Night Football tomorrow throws up what is sure to be another classic when Sunderland take on Colin Wanker's Freaks. Would rather watch the Paul O'Grady Show followed by Time Team than that pile of guff.
  • Options
    I've completely fallen out of interest with the Premier League in the past couple of seasons. The transfers are becoming more and more absurd yet the predictability of it all is just makes the whole thing seem a bit pointless.

The top SEVEN teams are pretty much predetermined before the season has started. If any club breaks into that top seven it is seen as a major deal.

The "debates" that glory hunter PL fans have go round in circles and only seem relevant to the same bunch of clubs. "Who is going to finish fourth?" being the one that makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

I typically watch PL games when they are on TV but spend most of my time cringing at the way people talk about it being the be all and end all without barely going to a fucking game to actually watch their team.
  • Options
    I admit to falling out of love with the game as a whole. I'm always busy on sat nights (normally watching TV or out with the missus, as we only see each other at weekends) so MOTD is recorded, stays on my box for a few weeks, then deleted without ever watching.

Sign of getting old I suppose, but I yearn for the days when a tactically brilliant manager can win the Champions league European Cup
    with a club like Derby or Forest.

I strongly suspect it won't happen again in my lifetime.............
  • Options
    Almost everyone I work with is a fan of one of the big 5, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City....only one goes to watch any of the games. Without fail they are all nobs.
  • Options
    Agree with the dislike of the rich clubs so called fans but i think it can still bring great moments for your team if your in it, i now live in a Southampton supporter area and they are buzzing over their season at the moment.